MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I manage to fit the standard rear wheel stand for the first time and it was a real effort to mount. It was tighter than a virgin ass!!!

On closer inspection, it seems like the rear stand was only used once in 6 years.

Is the plastic insert part suppose to be so tight that it took over 15 mins to insert the stand in the rear hub.

Removing the stand I had to use a block of wood to tap it out, else the plastic insert is SO tight that it will not budge.

I even use silicon spray on the insert so it would slide easily.

Is it me or do I need to sand down the plastic insert to make the rear stand fit easily?

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
Mine is the same. :bawling:

·
Registered
106 Posts
minime said:
I manage to fit the standard rear wheel stand for the first time and it was a real effort to mount. It was tighter than a virgin ass!!!

On closer inspection, it seems like the rear stand was only used once in 6 years.

Is the plastic insert part suppose to be so tight that it took over 15 mins to insert the stand in the rear hub.

Removing the stand I had to use a block of wood to tap it out, else the plastic insert is SO tight that it will not budge.

I even use silicon spray on the insert so it would slide easily.

Is it me or do I need to sand down the plastic insert to make the rear stand fit easily?
Many have reported it nearly impossible to insert the supplied stand into the rear hub. This was a problem with the MV stands supplied with the early F4 Stradas and has remained unresolved. As an alternative, the FG Gubellini Stand (Italy) for MV Agusta works amazingly well. It allows lifting and lowering by one person with very little effort. Available through www.redracingparts.com, Munroe Motors, ProItalia, FBF, etc. I understand PitBull makes an equally effective rear stand as well.

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
Mines not quite 15 mins or block of wood bad, It's still very tight but I think the previous owner shaved it down a bit but can't live with it either way... it really needs wheels on it as well as the better fit. I'm considering the Adnerson stand so I can also wheel the back end around if I want.

·
Registered
673 Posts
My 2005 stand works great. Casters would be nice, but I can put the thing up on the stand by myself in < 15 seconds, and take it back off in the same.

·
Registered
65 Posts
i got the same problem as Minime.

it is very tight. i had to put a tower on it and hammer it in and to remove i had to use a piece of wood to hammer it out.
i might use the idea of shaving it a little.

Is there anything we can do about that or just get a different set?

Then mine is up for sale. hehehehe

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Tightness in the stand mount.

I'm not sure if this is the case with your rear stand issue, but when I was installing my fork sliders for the front I noticed a bit of warping in the spindle that holds the front wheel. I atrubuted this to over tighten of the fork clamp which caused flex in the spindle tube. What I'm trying to get to is to check to roundness of the hole in the rear to see if it's "true".
In either event I'm sure it can be corrected either through proper torque of the rear spindle, or shaving of the stand shaft.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Mmm.. mine ('05) is a perfect slide on, and a tip if you are lifting the bike on your own is to place a off cut of carpet under where the stand will sit. Stops any slippage and heart attacks if you dont have a helper!

·
Registered
8,920 Posts
Pitbul works great, and the reversible one allows you to remove the rear sprocket as well.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
agusta01 said:
Mmm.. mine ('05) is a perfect slide on, and a tip if you are lifting the bike on your own is to place a off cut of carpet under where the stand will sit. Stops any slippage and heart attacks if you dont have a helper!
Yeah I use some cardboard myself. :angel:

·
Registered
367 Posts
I ended up buying a space saver stand from Andersons stands here in Aus. Very cool it has wheels so you can spin the bike on a dime (almost). Fits well and you don't need carpet etc. and also it has better leverage so you don't need to strain it too much.

Jonathan

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
i had the same prob with my bike stand and just sanded down the hard plastic part that goes in the hub. problem solved

·
Registered
351 Posts
I've got a nice Ducati stand that was converted to fit the MV..

The wheels make all the difference.

View my Album. it show a pic.

Jon

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
Mine is fine....hmm. I wish they woulda used butted tubing, or atleast reinforce the bend, cause when you goto take it on and off the stand, thatpart SLIDES when taking it off, and takes alot of pressure when lifting it up. For those of us that put it on it's stand nightly...it would be nice to have....

Or I could stop being a cheapass and buy a pit-bull or something with wheels :laughing:

·
Registered
51 Posts
I just used mine for the first time today and it was less than 30sec. to get the bike up on the stand by myself, the fit was perfect.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts