MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys I help someone may be able to help my brother is due to remove the rear hub and regrease the bearings on he's Tamburini and mine is nearly due as well. What stand does everyone else use as you can't use the back one the bike comes with of course. Thanks in advance guys.

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
I've got an Abba. (No, not the mamma mia variety!:wtf:) I don't know if they are available in Oz, but they allow free access to all of the back end whilst supporting the rest of the bike firmly.

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
I use a block and tackle and nylon straps to lift the bike off the air and use a metal rod though the swingarm pivot and a couple of car jacks to secure the bike from moving side to side.

I can't find a good cheap centre stand in Aussie that will work with the MV and that can be easily stored away.

Looking at the avatar, your double garage door usually has a metal i-beam or beam across the front. You can use a eyelet hook and mount the block and tackle onto the hook. When you finish you can easily remove the eyelet hook and the block and tackle out of the way.

Easy..

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the idea guys we have found a stand on sharp stands website here in OZ.
I was thinking the block and tackle idea to the good thing with my brother having to do it first is he needs to buy the stand I'll just steal it to do my bike after he's finished sounds fair since he keeps stealing my workshop manual.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm not real good with all this but the site is below.

www.sharpracing.com.au

we are looking at the t stand and also getting the peg part for the track bike looks to be a good universal stand to cover a lot of bikes.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts