MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Jimmy here...

have a 2008 Brutale S...real problem is after a warm up in "N" till 170 degree, I accelerate in 1st gear up to 4000rpm ... clutch and the bike goes dead....if i start off in first and clutch at 2500RPM no problem...then from second to third clutch at 4000 rpm or higher there is a stall....this is a real problem...i have 3200 miles on this bike....anyone have any thoughts....or need more details...

Thanks Jimmy

·
Registered
801 Posts
HI jimmyjam i had stalling a few times last year and this and both times it has been the side stand switch. The spring inside the switch is to strong. Any ingress of water or dirt. makes it loose contact, pull back the gaiter and spray with penetrating lube push in and out, try and see if it works.

·
Administrator
20,072 Posts
Hi Jimmy here...

have a 2008 Brutale S...real problem is after a warm up in "N" till 170 degree, I accelerate in 1st gear up to 4000rpm ... clutch and the bike goes dead....if i start off in first and clutch at 2500RPM no problem...then from second to third clutch at 4000 rpm or higher there is a stall....this is a real problem...i have 3200 miles on this bike....anyone have any thoughts....or need more details...

Thanks Jimmy
Not sure I understand. Consistently stalls,and will not pull past that RPM? ...Or does it run OK otherwise, and just dies when you pull in the clutch with the throttle off?

Is there a vacuum in the fuel tank when you open the cap just after shutting off to fill up?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi, thanks for the response...the problem is when i shift...rpm drops when clutched....this is when the stall happens....so high rpm when accelerating...clutch (rpm drops to 1200) then stall

·
Administrator
20,072 Posts
TPS not set properly....that's my guess.

·
Registered
13,695 Posts
The black plastic thing on the right side of the fuel rail. It adjusts with two screws on either side of it. You will notice yellow "Don't mess with these screws" paint on them.

CAG

·
Administrator
20,072 Posts
On the 2008 Euro3 ECU the TPS is set via computer with software. Dealer must do it unless you have the coins to buy the software yourself. Ducati dealers can do it I think (same ECU on Euro3 Ducks).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts