MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My bike stalled a bunch of times at idle when I was stopped today, temps were 200-209 F. It wasn't a very hot day - 70F? It has never done this before, could it be bad gas? I bought some 76 in Huntington on the PCH before it happened. I was freaked :mad: I was gonna be broke down in Manhattan Beach, the bike was fine on the ride home. Bike has about 1400 miles, arrow mid-pipe and air filter but no power commander.

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
If you search around...it seems to be a common issue.

I can't remember where I read it(low and behold, now that I'm looking for it, i can't find it....), but apparently, there's a different spark plug you can buy that alleviates the stalling issue.

I've had it happen to me twice in one day (the 1st times it ever happenned). And it happenned to me once on a VERY hot day, and my temps were ~220....

It's not really an issue...more of a once in a while inconvenience...now, if it were happenning all the time....

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok i found the other threads. It reallllly sucks when it stalls out when you are headed up a hill and trying to go from a stop w/o coasting back. :cry:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts