MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I haven't been on the site in nearly 4 years, I have just purchased my second MV, this one is the Brutale 910R I love the bike, we made friends, but having an idle stall issue, it is my understanding it supposed to idle at 1200 but this bike is probably at 1150, there is an idle screw somewhere, but since it came with no books I wanted to know if anyone knows of this idle screw?(power commander checks out and is working).

·
Registered
5,590 Posts
And congrats with the Brutale :)

·
Super Moderator
22,651 Posts
Kelley, if I may be so bold, you have some of the very same bikes we have...with the exception of the 910R. If you can find Donsy on here, he has a link to all of the manuals for your bike in PDF format so you can find what you need. I think it is also a sticky at the top of the maintenance thread.

Good luck with a solution.
Chuck

·
Administrator
20,402 Posts
There is a throttle stop screw (not a true idle screw) on the pulley where the cables attach.
You can tweak it in just a bit to raise the idle speed but you will need top reset the TPS and air bleed screws when you do.

According to the service manuals, the throttle stop screw is one of those items you are not supposed to ever touch. The manuals will direct you to set idle speed by the air bleed screws only with the ECU controlling fuel supply based on the TPS....

But my 910Rs throttle stop screw had vibrated out over time and I could not get the idle correct until I made that adjustment.

The screw does not have a lock nut, just a self locking (think nylock nut) threaded hole. I put a nice glob of 3M Super Weather Strip Adhesive (AKA Gorilla Snot, as it is yellow and very nasty sticky) on the screw once I got the engine running right. Hoping that will stop the "self adjusting" feature.

So you can adjust the "do not touch" screw, but you will need to balance the throttle bodies and reset the TPS with the VDST software when you do. Check the service manual for the initial and min-max settings on the air bleed screws....and use the tachometer in the diagnostic software for idle speed...the meter isn't accurate enough.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts