MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hye guys I know there have been some other threads concerning the R4 R's (and maybe some of the others) stalling with the clutch in and throttle closed. I haven't had too many problems with that in the past, but I recently had the timing chain tensioner recall done and now my bike stalls all the time, i have to keep the throttle cracked at every stop!

I read most of the other threads and one stated that the engine shutting off at idle has something to do with the timing chain, which doesn't make a lot of sense to me. I will say that my bike will idle while stopped and not riding fine, once i engage the clutch coming to a stop and throttle down it dies.

Anyone know what is going on ? I am taking my bike back to the shop to have them look at it, but I am not very optimistic after reading about other guys going back 5-6 times and not having the problem fixed.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Hey Recon how much milage is on your bike now?
I really don't think the timing chain tensioner would have anything to do with your current problem. It's more likely that something else got disturbed , moved and or changed while they were working on your bike recently.
Have them go through everything and give the throttle cable, bodies etc the once over first.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It didn't seem like that could be the issue to me either, but I did see a post where someone was saying that they found the stalling problem (they being a head MV mech, that spoke only italian?) and said that it was something with the timing chain. oh well they are going to go thru the bike next week so I will let you guys know.

Anyone else that has had the stalling problem ever get the problem rectified?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts