MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
822 Posts
Aside from them never rusting, I cant think of anything that would make them out perform any other bar end. I just looked at your album and the bike looks stunning, really impressive.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks,

well they say that they are supposed to weigh twice as much and therefore dampen vibration more, for $70

·
Registered
822 Posts
the heavier that they are that would follow suit and make sense. I havent even seen these things, where are they available?

·
Registered
154 Posts
IMO, they're mostly cosmetic. I've had them on other bikes and they give a more finished look. On the 910R, the bar ends are titanium so I wouldn't switch mine.

·
Registered
154 Posts
MikeDanger said:
they are titanium?? are you sure?? pics please
sorry that i don't have pics. but from the information on mv agusta's web site as well as from bike specs literature, they are titanium. they are not glossy but very subdued in appearance but very much in character with the stealth, black appearance of the bike. if you're looking for a shiny appearance then stainless steel may be the way to go.

·
Registered
822 Posts
herrsonic said:
sorry that i don't have pics. but from the information on mv agusta's web site as well as from bike specs literature, they are titanium. they are not glossy but very subdued in appearance but very much in character with the stealth, black appearance of the bike. if you're looking for a shiny appearance then stainless steel may be the way to go.

The have a "titaniun treatment", whatever the hell that means. The triple trees get this same treatment, i think its just cosmetic as titanium is extremely light and would not make sense to use as a dampening material.

I would love to switch up to a heavier bar end, but I dont know how to mount my little crg dental mirrors if I do.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
actually titanium is not "extremely light" and identical part in titanium would weigh more than aluminum....
however.... You think anyone would buy titanium bar ends?? I might just make some.

·
Registered
822 Posts
MikeDanger said:
actually titanium is not "extremely light" and identical part in titanium would weigh more than aluminum....
however.... You think anyone would buy titanium bar ends?? I might just make some.

I was referencing that in regards to steel, which is what most bar ends are made of. Geez, I really gotta watch it around you, fuckin post nazi over here. :stickpoke :flickoff:

·
Registered
154 Posts
Some Guy said:
The have a "titaniun treatment", whatever the hell that means. The triple trees get this same treatment, i think its just cosmetic as titanium is extremely light and would not make sense to use as a dampening material.

I would love to switch up to a heavier bar end, but I dont know how to mount my little crg dental mirrors if I do.

yeah, titanium treatment. but the bar end treated does not appear to be plastic. it's some metal treated with titanium. anyhow, i'm satisfied with it.

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
Just installed the motovation stainless and aside from the improved look, they do seem to damp the vibration a bit more than the stock ends. There are 2 o-rings along the shaft of the insert which make intimate contact with the internal hollow of the bar. The stock barend relies solely on the rubber compression retention bushing to absorb vibes.

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
Yes, if you push them in too deep. Just back them out 2mm and you're good to go.

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
Nj

·
Registered
304 Posts
I did a lot of experimenting with motovation barends and they do seem to move vibration to the different RPM range and make vibrations feel different. Also, throttle clearance was a problem, so motovation sent me thicker o-rings to provide proper clearance. There were no issues with o-rings.

motovation was great to deal with and they offered to take them back...but I am too lazy to ship them and I might use them for track days, to help with high rpm vibration.

so, if anyone in NJ/ NY/CT wants to borrow them...just ask.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts