MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Though I know what a Squid is I have forgot what it exactly stands for? Isn't there a breakdown of what each letter means?

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
Imminently Dead, Brilliant :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you!
That fits exactly who I rode with Saturday! My son in-law invited me to join him and a few friends on a ride. It was soon apparent that they were more interested in long straight sections of road than finding the twisties. All they did the entire ride was do wheelies. I actually kept a safe distance back incase I had to make a last minute maneuver to avoid debris.
My concern of course is that my SQUID son in-law is going to pile up his 636 Ninja sooner or later and end up leaving my daughter and their two young children fatherless or at the very least financially strapped making payments on a wrecked motorcycle. All this stunting and they were wearings jeens!

·
Registered
96 Posts
2wheelcrazy said:
Thank you!
That fits exactly who I rode with Saturday! My son in-law invited me to join him and a few friends on a ride. It was soon apparent that they were more interested in long straight sections of road than finding the twisties. All they did the entire ride was do wheelies. I actually kept a safe distance back incase I had to make a last minute maneuver to avoid debris.
My concern of course is that my SQUID son in-law is going to pile up his 636 Ninja sooner or later and end up leaving my daughter and their two young children fatherless or at the very least financially strapped making payments on a wrecked motorcycle. All this stunting and they were wearings jeens!

Jesus, man-this sounds terrifying!.....What a frightening recipe for disaster.........Discpline this child somehow, you owe it to your family........................................................I hate to say this but SOMEONE in your son-in-law's little asshole posse is gonna die soon........If you cant change their behavior, then at least try to add some gear.....Ive ridden with crew's like that before- and someone always dies or ends up in a wheelchair {OR both}....I was a complete fool when I was younger, and I cannot even imagine what kind of idiotic riding I would be doing if I had the kind of hardware that one can get at a dealership today.....We really should have a stepped license system here in the states, I am all for it actually...Yikes! ....Good luck man.....

Hedges,

FBD

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Sad to say but it happens on any Sunday......

17 years old and first bike is a litre 180 odd BHP in most cases mixed with peer pressure ...disaster

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
2wheelcrazy said:
Thank you!
Make him purchase the largest life insurance policy that someone will write him. (this may plant the seeds of responsibility) Educate and mentor him on safety gear...buy him a set of leathers for Christmas. Teach him that he should fully expect to die on his motorcycle and to make preparations because it will happen. (not that you want it to happen). Nobody wants to crash, but if you prepare for it, you are usually better off.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Actually there were a few times when it was terrifying! One of the power wheelies he did went slightly over center but he recovered it, but for an instant I thought it was all over. My guess is these wheelies are at an average speed above 50 mph. From my vantage point in back I could see his back wheel weaving back and forth as he fought to keep the bike straight. I’m surprised he didn’t induce a violent head-shake and get pitched off the bike. Believe me I fully expect the day is coming when he has a whoops o-shit! I don’t want to be there when it happens so needless to say I won’t be riding with him and his friends and when he rides with my buddies he going to have to show much more control and maturity.

·
Registered
3,304 Posts
I pretty much can say I was young and stupid once. Never a stunta, but I did my share of canyon racing. I ended up in a heap on the side of the road with my right femur broken in two places and a proximal humeral fracture. I was very lucky! I really only see two things that you can do. First, get him involved with a different crowd of riders, riders who have been around and are a bit wiser. You should also talk with him. Express your concerns and fears for both his safety buit the welfare of his family. But talk to him directly not your daughter.
Hopefully you can settle him down so he makes it past this stage.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts