MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Not very lucky..
1,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've ridden the SPR a few times now and noticed you can move the tail section from
side to side very easy. It also squeaks when ever someone is on the seat and moves around.
Common? Fixes?

·
Not very lucky..
1,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So if you stand behind the bike, put your hands on either side of the tail section, and
try to move it side to side, it shouldn't move?

·
The Machinist
2,448 Posts
So if you stand behind the bike, put your hands on either side of the tail section, and

It'll move but not much. Check by the latch (under the seat) and make sure both the rubber grommets are there. And if it's squeaking find out where it's coming from.

·
Registered
3,304 Posts
Are you sure it is the seat squeaking and not your ass? I've heard you could be a bit flatulent...

Make sure both pins and the spring is on the front mount of the seat also.

·
Registered
13,695 Posts
Right. It shouldn't move from side to side. There is some flex in the plastic of course, but it should not move from side to side.

·
Not very lucky..
1,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Are you sure it is the seat squeaking and not your ass? I've heard you could be a bit flatulent...

Make sure both pins and the spring is on the front mount of the seat also.
I'll to check on both those items :loser:

·
Not very lucky..
1,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Tried to figure out what the hell is squeaking and I can't pinpoint it
I'll have others try and figure it out the next time we do a breakfast ride

·
Registered
8,859 Posts
I'm coming down next weekend if you want to ride.
Next weekend meaning 30-31? If Lakers don't have a game 7, I'm down for a ride. How about down the coast to big sur? I want to see the coastline and eat down there :drummer:

Julio you can always drop it off in my garage if you want someone else to have a look.

·
Registered
3,304 Posts
Next weekend meaning 30-31? If Lakers don't have a game 7, I'm down for a ride. How about down the coast to big sur? I want to see the coastline and eat down there :drummer:

Julio you can always drop it off in my garage if you want someone else to have a look.
Next weekend, meaning labor day weekend (this sat sun and monday)

·
Registered
8,859 Posts
Okay, will have to check the schedule. I'm pretty busy saturday and sunday already. How long you down here for?

·
Registered
3,304 Posts
Probably all three days, but sunday is probably best for a ride. If not at least get together for some coffee or something.

·
Registered
8,859 Posts
A get together sounds good. I'll be busy moving stuff saturday morning/early afternoon. Sunday noon on I'm out. So I guess either sunday morning, saturday afternoon, or anytime monday (i think)

·
Not very lucky..
1,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I can't Sunday morning, maybe Saturday afternoon, Monday morning is looking the best for me.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts