1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
Seems like a load of hot air to me!! :jsm: :jsm: :jsm:

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
That bike is horrible....pretty old vid though. It only has 2 gears!!!!

There was an article on it that said it was one of the most annoying bikes to drive in the city because it was a bike that was a PITA to brake with as there would be a little gap between throttle let off and the brakes applying....it made the tester shit his pants a couple times it was so unnerving....

Would I take one?? Hell yes! Then I would proceed to sell it after one test ride in the salt flats.....

·
Registered
8,920 Posts
oicdn said:
That bike is horrible....pretty old vid though. It only has 2 gears!!!!

There was an article on it that said it was one of the most annoying bikes to drive in the city because it was a bike that was a PITA to brake with as there would be a little gap between throttle let off and the brakes applying....it made the tester shit his pants a couple times it was so unnerving....

Would I take one?? Hell yes! Then I would proceed to sell it after one test ride in the salt flats.....
It's not that the brakes don't kick in , but the turbine takes several moments to spin down, OVERPOWERING the brakes, until the power drops sufficiently to slow the bike. A novelty at best, a suicide machine at worst.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
just kidding easy guy's that bike is about 250 grand.just think what would happen if someone got on your ass at a red light that thing has to throw some heat.you would need some good earplugs also i would not be able to listen to that for very long.

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
fazer6 said:
It's not that the brakes don't kick in , but the turbine takes several moments to spin down, OVERPOWERING the brakes, until the power drops sufficiently to slow the bike. A novelty at best, a suicide machine at worst.
That's what I was trying to convey...but miserably failed at....:laughing:

·
Super Moderator
2,486 Posts
I believe Jay has two of them...A silver and a black. He does ride it (them) around L.A., he definately mentioned the lag of the turbine spooling up, issues with the brakes, and joked about melting the plastic bumpers off of the Lexus' behind him!

Griff
twoeleven

1 - 10 of 10 Posts