MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I hope someone already had this and found where the problem is.

Every now and then my TVL used to do some "false acceleration" when I was at low rev (around 3000-4000 rpm) and approaching a stop and releasing the throttle.
I explain it better.

I release the throttle to approach a stop or to reduce speed. Engine is between 3000-4000 rpm. The engine gives back two or three burst like I actually tried to accelerate (but I didn't).

Yesterday I went for an afternoon ride after some time I had to keep the bike parked and to this problem I had also some sputtering in acceleration.
When I am above 5000(ish) rmp, no problem at all.
Underneath 5000 every now and then, for a fraction of second, it seems like there is no spark or no petrol arrives at the injectors.

Since I am having issues with the quickshifter too (it will be replaced under warranty, and the cruise control that works only when it likes to do so - that usually correspond to when I am outside a motorway, it looks like to me there might be some electric problems in terms of some connectors somewhere that are oxidated and/or need replacing.

Bizarre enough, in a recent trip to Italy (Tuscany), the moment I crossed the border from Austria everything worked without a fault, just to revert back to unpredictable unpredictability as soon as I went back to Austria.

Ideas?
Thanks

·
Super Moderator
22,298 Posts
It likes Italy better than Austria? :stickpoke:smoking:

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
It likes Italy better than Austria? :stickpoke:smoking:
It seems so!

Not joking, it was totally bizarre!
I arrived by train in Innsbruck, took the bike out, rode up the Brenner Strasse and the quickshifter was offline.
As soon as I passed the border at Brenner Pass, it came back to life and never left for 1200+ km.
Passed Brenner pass back to Austria, went off and never recovered.

Might have been a way to tell me "bring me back home!!!" :grin2:

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok. Took the TVL at Moto Corsa today. I'll be.on holiday from tomorrow for 3 weeks and they will have time to play with it to see where the gremlins are.
They say they are pretty confident it's just a matter of aligning the throttle body.
I'll keep you posted when I'm back.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Posted earlier 20th July, still not resolved.

2018 DragsterRR Euro4
Despite the efforts of the MV dealer, new throttle bodies, sensor and re-mapped, bike still hunting/surging between 2000/5000 rpm, which makes uncomfortable riding in towns and traffic.

Perfect above 5000

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Update.

As far as I know at the moment

The cutting out fault has been traced to a faulty throttle sensor which requires replacement.

The reported gear change fault requires a new quick-shifter to resolve.

They are not under warranty but Moto Corsa has agreed to cover the cost of these items as a good will gesture in this instance. Probably because I mentioned these two problems to them before the summer when there were just few days left of warranty, but it's ok.

Waiting for parts now.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Posted earlier 20th July, still not resolved.

2018 DragsterRR Euro4
Despite the efforts of the MV dealer, new throttle bodies, sensor and re-mapped, bike still hunting/surging between 2000/5000 rpm, which makes uncomfortable riding in towns and traffic.

Perfect above 5000
I have exactly the same issue with my 2016 dragster RR.(euro 3). Mine is with Moto Corsa now being checked. As it only had 750 miles it is a bit disconcerting and it only started happening when I received it back from the 600 mile service.

Is yours sorted now?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts