MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3,256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
since my front sprocket is on backorder...just how bad would it be to put my new chain and new rear sprocket on and run it for a couple of weeks or so until the new front comes in? analy speaking, i know i should hold off, but i'm missing out on some good riding. :cussing:

·
Registered
459 Posts
How bad is the wear on the Front sprocket ? is it hooked?

If you are anal about it you already know the answer. :bash:

If you are like me you will put the chain on. :later:

·
Living the Dream
2,760 Posts
you need to put that sucker back together so we can go out riding. i have ridden 5 days in a row and i know it must be killing you not to be riding!

·
Registered
3,256 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
:cussing:

think i'll just do with out until the new one comes in. i gotta get on the street. my rear sprocket looks like a 90 year old man. :green:

·
Living the Dream
2,760 Posts
if i remember correctly after a tooth from your sprocket hit me in the helmet on that long ass ride we went on, you are missing somewhere around 5 teeth on it, but hey, it is to damn nice to keep from riding. Check out my post about friday.

·
Registered
3,256 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i may have to take pics of it before i throw it away. i actually think it is a result of a ride home from pennsylvania (ferracci) with a way too tight chain.

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
Where can I buy aftermarket front and rear sprockets in Australia. I nearly died when I got a call this morning from an MV dealer for the cost of the standard rear sprocket, ie $400.00 AUD!!!! They don't have stock.

Does not include chain, front sprocket or labour!!!!FCUK!!!

·
Registered
179 Posts
minime said:
Where can I buy aftermarket front and rear sprockets in Australia. I nearly died when I got a call this morning from an MV dealer for the cost of the standard rear sprocket, ie $400.00 AUD!!!! They don't have stock.

Does not include chain, front sprocket or labour!!!!FCUK!!!
Just spoke to Chris at "The Chain Gang" (Australian Sprock Manf.) and he can do a rear sprocket for $125 and front is normally $65. He has never seen a MV sprocket so will need a sample before making. The front sprocket he will need to see first before commiting to that price.
http://www.chaingang.com.au/

·
Registered
785 Posts
ironbar said:
Just spoke to Chris at "The Chain Gang" (Australian Sprock Manf.) and he can do a rear sprocket for $125 and front is normally $65. He has never seen a MV sprocket so will need a sample before making. The front sprocket he will need to see first before commiting to that price.
Please note: The standard MV 750 rear sprocket is not a just a sprocket, the sprocket on the 750's are fixed to a sprocket carrier (non-detachable), they will have to design a new carrier and a seperate sprocket to fit the carrier.

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
EMoto, I notice this as well, I wish the 750 sprocket was the same design as the 1000 sprocket.

·
Registered
785 Posts
Agree, silly design. The best option is to go for the sprocket carrier and a sprocket, that way future sprocket changes are a lot easier/faster and costs are lower.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Ok What Carrier Can We Use On The 750 ? Does The 1000 Carrier Fit On The 750 , Then Can You Use Loose Sprockets As The 1000 ?

My Agents Here Is South Africa Quote Me R3700.00 (zar)for Rear Sprocket/ Carrier , But None In The Country.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Don't know if it is do-able, but there's no point in going the 1000-carrier route as, although you would save some money, you'd still be paying OE MV prices.

Better to go after-market. I run an STM carrier + sprocket setup and would thoroughly recommend it.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Thanks , Will Have To Import From Uk Or Us . But That Means I Can Get Loose Sprockets In The Future.

·
Registered
43 Posts
off topic

bob said:
Ok What Carrier Can We Use On The 750 ? Does The 1000 Carrier Fit On The 750 , Then Can You Use Loose Sprockets As The 1000 ?

My Agents Here Is South Africa Quote Me R3700.00 (zar)for Rear Sprocket/ Carrier , But None In The Country.
Hey Bob, nice to see some fellow South Africans on the board. I lived in Bloem for a while way back in the 70's.

-Sean

·
Registered
144 Posts
I need a new front and rear (and chain) pretty soon. Any suggestions on where to get a new aftermarket setup? I'm wanting to up the rear sprocket by two teeth and go with a 14/43 setup.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Hi Benzo
Please Keep Me Advised On What You Decide To Do , As I Still Have To Do Something ?

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
You might be able to use the 1000 setup if it lines up and you switch to a 525 chain. That's not a bad idea, really. 520 is too light for the street, in my opinion. They won't last as long.

Or, for another take, put on a Brutale sprocket (steel). That's what I did. With the amount of riding I do, I might never need to change it again. It was like $190 or something stupid like that though.

If I ever decide I need to change gearing, I'll go with an STM or some other carrier setup though.

·
Registered
3,256 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
my statements came from trying to help xman with his senna. he wanted to get rid of the stock MV QC setup because there weren't any sprockets out at the time. he bought a ferracci QC carrier and it wouldn't fit. when i took a good look at it, the 1000 hub or something is slightly larger. don't have part#s to verify, but all i know is it would not fit.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts