MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have yet another question for you guys agian (sorry). Dose anyone know if the rear already comes with a quick change sprocket?? Also what size chain is on bike stock 520,525,530 ?

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
Jimmyz said:
Have yet another question for you guys agian (sorry). Dose anyone know if the rear already comes with a quick change sprocket?? Also what size chain is on bike stock 520,525,530 ?
The 1000 does ahve a quick change sprocket std, chain is 525 :)

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What name brand rear sprockets will fit the MV's stock rear carrier??Going with a 520 conversion.

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
Jimmyz said:
What name brand rear sprockets will fit the MV's stock rear carrier??Going with a 520 conversion.
Can I ask why you would want to do that?

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Have done that to all my bikes. It gives it a quicker acceleration off the line.Same principal as a aluminum driveshaft in a car ,less rotating mass.

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
Jimmyz said:
Have done that to all my bikes. It gives it a quicker acceleration off the line.Same principal as a aluminum driveshaft in a car ,less rotating mass.
Do you think the advantage of a lightweight drive train outweighs a possible snapped chain and it's consequences? and can you tell the difference?

·
Registered
338 Posts
Jimmyz said:
How about stepping up your rear sprocket to a 41 tooth.

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
Manuel_F4 said:
Mike, a 520 works... it only costs some km/miles in live of the chain. Also the CC has a 520 chain... :jsm:
Ok, thanks for that :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts