MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Folks,

I'm looking to replace my sprockets and chain in the next 2k miles here and am wondering if there's anything else I'll need if I bump my rear sprocket up from 41 to 42/43. Will I need to get a new carrier or anything else? Thanks!

·
Registered
292 Posts
idk, no help here,..... did the 520 kit..... 1lb rotating weight savings and less mechanical loss thru the chain so deff worth it even if keeping stock gearing. Id spend the 240$ and do the whole thing not just a rear sprocket.

·
Registered
537 Posts
Hey Folks,

I'm looking to replace my sprockets and chain in the next 2k miles here and am wondering if there's anything else I'll need if I bump my rear sprocket up from 41 to 42/43. Will I need to get a new carrier or anything else? Thanks!
If you're going up two teeth in the rear, you may have an additional link on your chain compared to previously. Also you want to make sure your wheel isn't all the way forward or aft when you put it on, so you have some leeway after everything settles.

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I definitely am replacing all 3 (both sprockets and chain). Thanks for the advice! I'm going to consider the 520 as well

·
Registered
292 Posts
whats to consider? I run and Valentino Rossi runs a 520 on his 280hp bike. f3 could run a 428 I bet!
520 or dont bother imo

1 - 5 of 5 Posts