MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi my fellow mv dudes

Im sure this has been in a tread before, but i cant seem to find it, is there a perfect sprocket choice when it comes to the brutale. I dont need the top speed to be 265 km , i need the power more down range. Has anyone tried different ?

·
Registered
233 Posts
you might not care about top speed, but do you care if the engine is winding at 8k RPM in order to go 100 km/h on the highway? if that doesn't bother you, then drop a tooth in the front and add a couple in the rear.

·
Registered
5,824 Posts
Dont drop one in the front, just add 3 in the rear, its more than enough to give you the extra power down low.

·
Administrator
20,088 Posts
Can you say "FRONT WHEEL IN THE AIR ALL THE TIME".....fun.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Dont drop one in the front, just add 3 in the rear, its more than enough to give you the extra power down low.
If you drop one in the front, isent that the same as 3 in the rear`? and you dont need to change the chain

·
Administrator
20,088 Posts
Don't forget....your speedometer will no longer be accurate (or as accurate as it was) when you change gearing ratio.

·
Registered
5,824 Posts
If you drop one in the front, isent that the same as 3 in the rear`? and you dont need to change the chain
No its not the same thing. When you drop one in the front, you increase chain weare because you make your chain spin faster than before, which spins the rear wheel faster.

When you add teeth to the rear, your chain is still spinning at the same rate as before, only the rear wheel spins faster due to the added teeth.

And adding 3 teeth to the rear will not require a new chain, I have done it to my F4, its only a minor change to the diameter of the sprocket.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
No its not the same thing. When you drop one in the front, you increase chain weare because you make your chain spin faster than before, which spins the rear wheel faster.

When you add teeth to the rear, your chain is still spinning at the same rate as before, only the rear wheel spins faster due to the added teeth.

And adding 3 teeth to the rear will not require a new chain, I have done it to my F4, its only a minor change to the diameter of the sprocket.
Okey il try to get rear sprocket insted:) Thanks joe

·
Registered
13,695 Posts
What sprocket do you have on your bike now?

The 910R came with 43T. I would be surprised if you need something larger than that.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
What sprocket do you have on your bike now?

The 910R came with 43T. I would be surprised if you need something larger than that.
I have the original set up on it now, and the 910s also have 43t at the rear. When i used to ride ducatis we always changed the front sprocket to one less. I figured it would become more strong at lover rpms, i dont need the top speed at all

·
Registered
115 Posts
There is some great info on the internet about sprocket changes if you search. I did some research last year and learned there is a difference from changing the front and or rear. The front was referred to as a Torque multiplier. For example, on my Duc S4 I went down 1 in the front and up 3 in the rear. I felt the power needed to come on quicker (front) and wanted max torque at the rear (only 100hp). On my 910s, I would like to go up one on the front to slow down and stretch out the power curve a bit. I've read that we can not unless we convert to a 520 chain..... :-(

Let us know how it goes. Like to hear what others also have experienced with a change.

·
Registered
2,502 Posts
525 or 520 chain has nothing to do with ratios, but is important to have matching 525 or 520 sprockets to the chain used
+1 I changed from the 520 to the 525

·
Registered
2,502 Posts
Hey MV2, I use my Brute as a daily commute and for my 'spirited' rides and track days. I investigated and spoke with my mechanic - my chain required replacing after 15k km - the amount of torque the bikes put out mean the 525 is more suitable and less prone to stretching. I also changed out the rear sprocket (matching the 525 and went to 41 teeth...this took a little top end away but plenty of acceleration)

Cheers

1 - 19 of 19 Posts