MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Just cleaning the new F4 up and doing some basic checks and maintenance and have noticed that there seems to be some play in the rear sprocket. Now, I have compared it to the old brutale which has absolutely no top/bottom/side/side movement which has concerned me a little more. Is there supposed to be play on the F4's rear sprocket at all? I have checked to make sure everything is tight within acceptable torque tolerance and all seems ok on that score. I know from the Brutale that the rear hub can be a focus of financial pain so wanted to ask the question of you guys before I dig any deeper in to it....

Thanks for your help, Gavin.

·
Super Moderator
22,070 Posts
Hi all,

Just cleaning the new F4 up and doing some basic checks and maintenance and have noticed that there seems to be some play in the rear sprocket. Now, I have compared it to the old brutale which has absolutely no top/bottom/side/side movement which has concerned me a little more. Is there supposed to be play on the F4's rear sprocket at all? I have checked to make sure everything is tight within acceptable torque tolerance and all seems ok on that score. I know from the Brutale that the rear hub can be a focus of financial pain so wanted to ask the question of you guys before I dig any deeper in to it....

Thanks for your help, Gavin.
Please keep in mind that you Brutale and your F4 use completely different rear axles, hubs and sprocket carriers .
Then have a look around through the manuals and various posts, the >10 F4 will have some play in general, it's the amount of play that important.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Please keep in mind that you Brutale and your F4 use completely different rear axles, hubs and sprocket carriers .
Then have a look around through the manuals and various posts, the >10 F4 will have some play in general, it's the amount of play that important.
Thanks Donsy...I have measured and it is not quite 1mm movement so probably just looks/feels more than it really is! Was just concerned as other bikes I have owned have all had virtually no movement but as you point out, they are a completely different design....I will back away from the panic button for now!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts