MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
Yes they do, I have never had one fail, never heard of one failing.

Regards the 3 cyl range, don't even go there.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know - that's why I asked. Whoever had the idea to redesign a perfectly good part and make it what it is wants shagging with the Ragman's trumpet.

·
Registered
5,588 Posts
Must be someone from the finance department with a bad judgement.

·
Super Moderator
22,072 Posts
All the pre2010 F4 and B4's use the same started clutch system, it incorporates a heavier coupling system and that's probably why they don't have trouble with them.
Not sure with the later models, I'll look later.
You can download the drawings the drawings from my site too Jono.

Attachments

·
Registered
317 Posts
Well didn`t the boss man himself say they negotiated a 4% discount from the supliers when they started the 3 cylinder project..... Wonder how expensive that discount has turned?

·
Super Moderator
22,072 Posts
Well didn`t the boss man himself say they negotiated a 4% discount from the supliers when they started the 3 cylinder project..... Wonder how expensive that discount has turned?
How long ago was that? You do realise that very few 675's have spragg problems:stickpoke

·
Registered
5,588 Posts
How long ago was that? You do realise that very few 675's have spragg problems:stickpoke
Who cares? The current problem is a quality issue and most likely caused by the same kind of savings...

·
Super Moderator
22,072 Posts
I doubt it Erik, I think it was a design/engineering issue.

This is why I'm very keen to see how the so called "New" versions hold up.
I honestly don't think any kind of polish is going to turn this turd into chocolate cake, I think a redesign is the solution. (Hopefully I'll be proved wrong)

·
Registered
5,588 Posts
Well that could be of course.
To me it seems like a material issue.
We will see...

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
Having seen the condition of the rollers and mechanism that have come out of my B3 800 something is very amiss both with materials chosen and the design.

Maybe the cost cutting did not help but its more than just that going on. Longevity wise how far will the latest version get owners, and when does MV no longer support the product? Those are my concerns.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Cant speak of other countries laws, but here you must get parts for it for 10 years. And get 7 years of trouble free use of motor vehicle. With normal maintenance and consumables... This lets something to break on that 7 year period. But if someone had a bike in here with that much trouble with the same part. It would instantly mean trouble from the consumer law supervising court.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts