MV Agusta Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've searched high and low here and can't find the thread that had the photo of the Sprag clutch replacement parts. Can anyone point me to them plz.
My b3 is having the hot start problem again, sometimes with the clank noise. I'm on my 3rd Sprag now. I'd like to find that post so I can show the dealer all the parts that should have been sent to replace my older Sprags.

·
Registered
517 Posts
A question you should ask yourself, why are you going through so many sprag clutches? As a former Aprilia owner, my RSV Millle R would eat sprags if I did not keep the battery fully charged.

·
Registered
14,741 Posts
the pictures got lost.......I know about the Aprilia sprag clutches......they are ND ones on lots of Jap bikes .....why Aprilias eat them ??????

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hope that helps mate.
Thanks for that. Bloody annoying problem. Usually starts like a dream when cold but sometimes frequently & then infrequently will take 2 or 3 goes to fire up. Every now and then I get the clack sound. Starting after a ride with a few minutes break seem the worst but then it might fire up perfectly. This past weekend just about every start on one day was a pain then the next day was fine. Plenty of juice in battery and bike did well over the ride which covered more than 1000kms.
When I had my first Sprag changed it had got to the point where I'd give up trying to start it and it could be hot or cold but theses latest problems have so far been more intermittent and when it's usually hot.
If I new it wouldn't get worse its probably not worth the bother to change again. My real worry is that it will get bad again after the warrenty period.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts