MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took my 04' SPR out for a long run two days ago, and had no problem.

Yesterday was hot, humid along with traffic and the bike kept stalling at every stop. The bike would consistently stall in neutral or in gear once the temp. reach 208 - 210, the friend that rode with me rides track in Arizona and mentioned that at the track all the bikes run hot, and they all have this problem, that at high temps. the CPU kills the bike at lower RPMs as a protective mechanism. :shitfan:

And the reason the bike worked well on the longer runs, was that the cooling system worked better at higer speeds.

Currently running engine ice. :freezing:

Has anyone else had this problem and are there any fixes?

·
Registered
8,920 Posts
JMSPR said:
I took my 04' SPR out for a long run two days ago, and had no problem.

Yesterday was hot, humid along with traffic and the bike kept stalling at every stop. The bike would consistently stall in neutral or in gear once the temp. reach 208 - 210, the friend that rode with me rides track in Arizona and mentioned that at the track all the bikes run hot, and they all have this problem, that at high temps. the CPU kills the bike at lower RPMs as a protective mechanism. :shitfan:

And the reason the bike worked well on the longer runs, was that the cooling system worked better at higer speeds.

Currently running engine ice. :freezing:

Has anyone else had this problem and are there any fixes?
I believe your friend is incorrect, but do a search for stalling, there are a couple other threads on the subject, but yours seems to agravated by the fans turning on , maybe?

·
Registered
259 Posts
Had the same problem. Turned out to be a fuel mapping issue. Took a PowerCommander to solve it. Long story short: the idle system didn't mesh exatly with the throttle advance, so there was a little gap in the fuel/ignition curve that allowed the bike to stall.

I tried EVERYTHING first: fuel pressure, ignition, etc.

PowerCommander, and a new map, solved it all.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Those temps are perfectly normal for an SPR. When pushing hard I'll normally be running between 95 and 100 degrees Celsius (203F - 212F) getting sometimes up to 105C (220F) when its over 30C ambient and I'm riding in traffic. I've never had any stalling problems. Are you running RG3s with the RG3 chipset? It certainly sounds like a fuelling issue to me.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts