MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought i would share with you all. I purchased my SPR a few months ago and it came with a sil moto exhaust and power commander already installed. Finally this week i managed to take it to my buddies at mach 1 in southern California for a custom map. Im not sure what i should be expecting here but i like the results.

base run
hp 113.80 at 12521 rpm 49.18 tq

tuned run
hp 128.67 at 12732 rpm 55.21 tq

·
Registered
398 Posts
f18muskrat said:
Thought i would share with you all. I purchased my SPR a few months ago and it came with a sil moto exhaust and power commander already installed. Finally this week i managed to take it to my buddies at mach 1 in southern California for a custom map. Im not sure what i should be expecting here but i like the results.

base run
hp 113.80 at 12521 rpm 49.18 tq

tuned run
hp 128.67 at 12732 rpm 55.21 tq
HP numbers make me wonder? SPR is supposed to have 146hp.

Is yours measured different?

Please post some pics of your SPR :stickpoke

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ya Richard is a wizard with a dyno and a power commander. Any one else have numbers of there SPRs? Curious what i should expect. And ill get some pictures up soon.

·
Registered
8,860 Posts
You should be joining our occasional meets in LA :)

Though i do not know the next one... I'd love to see the SPR sometime!

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I would love to, unfortunately i am relocating to the east coast. Let me know when the next meet will be on the east coast (VA - SC) and ill be there.

·
Registered
398 Posts
f18muskrat said:
Then HP listed on the Agusta web site at http://www.mvagustausa.com/web-mvagusta/pdf-files/F4_750_SPR-eng.pdf is measured from the crank. How they do it i have no idea. The HP i listed is at the wheel after the trany takes its bite out of the number. So maybe that is where you are getting confused. How much gets to the wheel is what your really concerned about any way.
That is what I figured and why it was different. No matter that is pretty impressive to say the least :yo:

Sounds like you never got to hear it with the standard exhaust? Sil moto are pretty loud right?

·
Registered
293 Posts
I've heard Silmotor exaust are not good at all on the MV... Maybe you're loosing some HP here.
The difference between rear wheel HP and cranckshaft is usualy 10 to 15%.
I'm looking for someone who can map a PC on my SPR, once I'll find it I ll be able to tell you what numbers I have with RG3 (&eproom) and BMC air filter.
Good rides

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
When you see gains like that, the map that was in the bike must have been REALLY bad.
MV's usually run close to 15% drivetrain loss so you are in the ballpark HP wise.

Post a chart (with a/f) so we can all take a look!

·
Registered
798 Posts
machine748s said:
I've heard Silmotor exaust are not good at all on the MV... Maybe you're loosing some HP here.
The difference between rear wheel HP and cranckshaft is usualy 10 to 15%.
I'm looking for someone who can map a PC on my SPR, once I'll find it I ll be able to tell you what numbers I have with RG3 (&eproom) and BMC air filter.
Good rides
I think that is the first time I have seen a red SPR. Beautiful bike!!!

·
Registered
459 Posts
I think thats the first Dyno figures I've seen for an SPR.

These are runs from two different dynos on my bike. The first run was with no setup ,I think the co was around 6 or 8 when checked.
The second was after setup and shows the runs before and with PC .

The eng was a std F4 ,no 4107 ,the cams have been degreed ,I think they are SPR , the pistons have been machined, head flowed, comp is 12.93.1, crank balanced . Spr manifold and rg3, homemade very freeflow filter and qb airbox and runners with much larger entry's.

Hope this gives you some sort of benchmark ,dont know what effect the sils would have ,but would guess they would effect the low and mid range more than the top end.

Attachments

·
Registered
383 Posts
admin said:
You should be joining our occasional meets in LA :)

Though i do not know the next one... I'd love to see the SPR sometime!
Dont worry Alvin, mine will be arriving here from the East Coast in December... :yo:

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
dyno numbers for cross comparisons aren't worth that much unless everybody uses the same dyno on the same day. mine has way more power than that SPR according to my dyno job done at ferracci. but that doesn't matter to me. what doesn't lie is the difference between the before and after. that number is the one that counts because it shows the increase in measured power. the actual numbers vary so much from machine to machine, i just like how mine jumped quite a bit like yours did.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
it was the map that came with the power commander so im not sure how off it was. The first run was around 7-10% deviation from nominal and the tuned put it around 2-4% so I don’t think the map was all that bad. 15% of 146 is 21.9 that would put you at about 124.1. So the exhaust and commander increased around 5hp. As far as the sil moto being loud, ya i guess. Sounds great however, more like a muscle car instead of a can of bees. I will scan and post the map as soon as I can.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
i have the older power commander with the parallel port. Does the new USB perform better or is it just a software interface change?

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
f18muskrat said:
i have the older power commander with the parallel port. Does the new USB perform better or is it just a software interface change?
The usb has a much better interface, a faster processor and the ability to map every 250rpm instead of your current 500rpm increments you currently have.

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
style_one said:
dyno numbers for cross comparisons aren't worth that much unless everybody uses the same dyno on the same day. mine has way more power than that SPR according to my dyno job done at ferracci. but that doesn't matter to me. what doesn't lie is the difference between the before and after. that number is the one that counts because it shows the increase in measured power. the actual numbers vary so much from machine to machine, i just like how mine jumped quite a bit like yours did.
Yep, from past posts Ferracci makes good hp figures, it's a bit of an advertising game for the unaware, If people see Ferracci's claim for a Power commander set up at 10hp more than the competition a lot more people will use him, even his std bikes before tuning make more than most peoples bikes after tuning :jsm:

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
psst!!!... said:
max numbers arent the most important thing, I prefer to observe the curves, more than max hp or max tq.
Absoluetly, I totally agree, but big hp improvement gains sell dyno time :)

1 - 20 of 49 Posts