MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since I'm buying my SPR used in new condition I was wondering what all the bike should have come with when it was new in 04. I know about the following items;

grip covers
stand
2 extra rear sprockets

but what about;

bike cover
cert. of authenticity and production number
owners manual
shop manual
how many keys does it come with
anything I'm missing

If you guys can comment on any of these that would be great so I can track these down. I hope the guy who owned it has most if not all of the items it should come with and will be cool enough to give them to me with the bike, as he should.

Chris

·
Registered
474 Posts
irobot said:
cert. of authenticity and production number
owners manual
shop manual
how many keys does it come with
anything I'm missing
You should get:
Use & Maintenance Manual (aka Owners Manual)
Service Booklet for service history - dealer stamps, mileage, date.
2 keys is standard AFAIK
Tool Kit (allen keys + C-Spanner for rear shock preload)

Shop Manual not included with any model AFAIK

Does anyone have a certificate that they can scan in?

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Sounds about right, but at the expense of hurting anyones feelings that may already do this, please dont put the grip covers on an ride the bike, they are workshop covers (they look very nice mind) but not for using as a perm modification.

They sell them aftermarket, and I have unfortunatly seen an MV on the road with grip covers and its just plain daft.

And I bet Ive upset someone! no offence...just dont do it. :)

·
Registered
72 Posts
Congrats on your tentative purchase.. You'll love the bike! What # SPR do you have lined up?

I think you hit the list about right there. The stand, grip covers, cover, and two keys. (Two extra rear sprockets too.)

The complete list can be found at the bottom of this page.

http://mvagustausa.com/web-mvagusta/F4-750SPR.html

And if you have any pre-buyer remose like I do just read this, although this is biased report they seem to have gotten everything right on the money.

http://www.motorcyclingmag.com/Riding-Impressions/Feature-Chariots-of-the-Gods-4.asp

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Its a done deal, I sent the check and paperwork already. Now I wait....
I was told by the local MV dealer that there is cert. of authenticity with the SPR, T/F? Would be cool if its true then I hope I can get it.
I dont need any convincing, I wanted this bike ever since I first saw it then sat on it at a show, I knew I would have it.
I'll post the # as soon as I can, I want to be surprised about it so I didnt ask.
No worries about the grip covers, pretty lame and dangerous. I dont even want them really.
Did the bike come with a cover like the Tambo does?

Where can I get the manual for the SPR? Is it identical to the standard model manual?
Same question about the shop book too.

Thanks, cant wait to get on it since the weather around here is getting warmer.

·
Registered
9 Posts
good luck i just recently purchased #171 was brand new a month ago,
now im halfway broken in at 400 miles.

enjoy it!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
9 Posts
PS funny your nic is Irobot just saw the movie last night and to my surprise. what was wil smith riding an SPR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

was great right up until the point when he jumped it and it exploded!!!!!!!!!!!LOL

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Yeah it was cool until he pitched it to save that lame kid. Oh well I would have just rode home, let him deal with the robots! :finger: LOL :stickpoke

Can I find the manual in print? (dont say just print the pdf please :loser: ) Same for the shop book? Do you guys think the dealer can order these?

On second thought if the pdf's are all I need then I guess I could bind them. I just like having the factory books on hand.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Spoke with the the dealer today to see what latest news is. The previous owner is bringing the stand and manual the keys are there and I added a cover for it plus the tools are there too. Now I'm feeling better, its always in the details that makes things really cool. It should be in a crate by Monday and shipped out soon after. So by next weekend I will have photos of my new ride! :toothless

Chris

·
Registered
9 Posts
many congrats on your new ride!!!!!!!! how many miles are on it?

the tough thing for me with my SPR is the brake in period.......... hard not to open her up with all the reviews on the performance of the SPR!!!!!!! still have a few hundred more miles to go

once again CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!

·
Registered
72 Posts
Make sure the original owner gives you the other rear sprockets as well. You'll probably want to change the gear around a bit. Stock it's a bit tall. It does have a close ratio gear box though, so expect it to spin up quickly.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
Thanks guys,
It has 736 miles on it. The tire sides are still new, the guy never leaned it over really.
Its shipping Tuesday and arriving Thursday, its killing me!

This will be the summer of fun, my 748 will be done and the MV will be here, what else can a guy want but two lovely Italian ladies that go where I want, when I want, and do what I want!! :loser: Yes, I'm enjoying the single life can you tell?? LOL

Chris

1 - 20 of 25 Posts