MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
FYI,

Pretty good buy on an SPR. Alvin :stickpoke :stickpoke :stickpoke :stickpoke :stickpoke

Ebay SPR

I know nothing about the bike or its owner just found it snooping around ebay :) Looks like he ownes 3 MV's :yo:

·
Registered
8,860 Posts
"NOTE: California law prohibits importing and/or registering a new vehicle with less than 7,500 miles at the time of purchase unless it meets or is exempt from California Emission standards. If you acquire a 49-State vehicle (manufactured for all states except California) from another state or country, you may not be able to register your vehicle in this state."

Anyone have information about MV Agusta's from out of state? Particularly, how does California feel about the SPR in terms of california emission standards?

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
and I thought we had some stupid legislation over here. :jsm:

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
What do you need to have to make it meet the CA.emissions? parts or parts and papers?Perhaps you can barow a spedo with over 7500mi.on it?( Oh did I just type that out loud?)It`s a fantastic price but i`m shure another one will come along in CA.some day. The thrill of the chase.As allways Alvin good luck,Chris.

:popcorn:

·
Registered
8,920 Posts
Incredible deal!!!!!!
Does MV sell a 49 state bike?? I believe they are all the same, so it should meet CA emissions, no?

Buy it now, and we'll get you the money later!

·
Registered
37 Posts
What a beauty! Got the money, and as mentioned here many times before, the stupid Canadian gov't says I can't import it :nutkick:
Funny how there are dealers now here selling Hyosung bikes, though I suppose they're somehow better/safer :blah: :blah: :blah: than MV's. :bash:

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
Yes, it's an emission related law. I read the DMV rules and it says a bike has to have a 50 state/CA certified sticker on the frame before it can be registered with less than 7,500 miles. Another alternative is to have the owenr register the bike in CA as his personal property.

I had this issue when I try to trade in my AZ registered 999 to Pro Italia for the MV. Fortunately, I had bought the 999 from Pro Italia and it did have the 50 state sticker and was CA complaint. HOWEVER, I'm not 100% sure if the sticker will be enough because several weeks later, I got a letter from the DMV confirming MY (not Pro Italia's) 999 was registed in CA. So, I believe Pro Italia had to register the 999 on my behalf since I gave them power of attorney. .

·
Registered
3,304 Posts
I've dealt with the 7500 mi law before. Turns out I was in the military at the time and filled out an affadavid that states I purchased the bike while stationed outside california. You could sign an affadavid stating the milage is higher than the speedometer indicates say if the original one was damaged in a crash ;)

·
Registered
8,860 Posts
I have done a lot of reading before about this. DMV will actually come out and check the milege on the bike. SOMETIMES you get lucky, and some people say if you don't get it registered, take it somewhere else, etc etc. BUT as long as the SPR is a 50 state vehicle (follows CA emission guidelines) then it is exempt from the 7500 rule. 7500 mi rule is for ones that are 49 state vehicles

·
Registered
3,304 Posts
As long as there is an out of state title and the milage is below 7500 mi they WILL hastle you regardless of whether the vun is 50 state or not. It is CA DMV we are talking about...

1 - 20 of 43 Posts