MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
i just bought a set of RG3's for my Spr. It comew with a Eprom chip. Should i replace the SPR Eprom with this chip or should i leave it. What will perform better?

·
Registered
13,695 Posts
If you can find a dyno, run the bike with both chips, compare the results and post here which one was better.

CAG

·
Registered
689 Posts
wnehme said:
Hey guys,
i just bought a set of RG3's for my Spr. It comew with a Eprom chip. Should i replace the SPR Eprom with this chip or should i leave it. What will perform better?
Which RG3 EPROM do you have? My notes show quite a number of them.

F4 750 (126 HP) w/std. manifold + RG3 = [A 004 RG3]
F4 750 (126 HP) w/SPR manifold + RG3 = [BB RG3]
F4 750 (126 HP) w/SPR manifold + RG3 (not advising) = [BB RG3 133]
F4 750 (126 HP) w/SPR manifold + RG3 (optimized) = [F4 BB RG4]
F4 750 EV 02 (137 HP) w/ std. manifold + RG3 = [DNY RG3]
F4 750 EV 02 (137 HP) w/ SPR manifold + RG3 = [DNX RG3] (13,500 rpm limit)
F4 750 EV 02 (137 HP) w/ SENNA SPR manifold + RG3 = [CTX RG3] (13,900 rpm limit)

That's as new as my notes go, but it should give you some indication that there are many RG3 EPROMS, maiking it impossible to answer your question with any certainty.

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hey guys if it helps i bought the Mv Agusta RG3 silencers with Eprom from Emoto as fitted to senna and ago models. Though i think i will try both EPROMS and do dyno runs on them to see which one is better. How easy is it to remove the EPROM and replace it? Is located at the rear of the duct tail??

·
Registered
92 Posts
Hey wnehme vbmenu_register("postmenu_146224", true); I've been to UAE, specifically Dubai and Jebel Ali. A SPR is the last thing I would expect to see in your country because there are not many true sport bikes. It must get a lot of attention. How did you get the bike to the UAE?

By the way, one of my favorite souveniers is a multi pane glass picture frame with the sands of the seven emerites. That and a few Persian rugs were the highlight of my shopping in UAE. Very nice people and a pleasure to meet and do business with.

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey SR71,
yeah actually moved to Dubai a year ago. Im living next to emirates mall you probably know where that is. My hometown though is sydney australia. havent shipped my bike over yet but plan to do so quite soon. Yeah in the summer here the bikers tend to disappear. gets too hot. But there coming back out now. hope you enjoyed your stay.

·
Registered
293 Posts
You should normally put the SPR+RG3 Erpoom to have the best result, but I had the engine cutting earlier (750rpm earlier aprox.) with the RG3 Eproom (supplied by MV Corse with the RG3) so I went back to the original Eproom with a PC3usb custom map for the best result.

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks, yeah i fogot to mention i have a powercommander on the bike. So changing the eprom wouldnt matter will it? That way i can re map the bike to the best map on the dyno. Thanks for your help

1 - 8 of 8 Posts