MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

I've just bought myself a 750 SPR engine that has dropped a valve, when I head home from uni this Christmas I will be assessing the damage, if it is irreparably damaged, I will be using it in my dissertation next year, however if it can be fixed up, what would the difficulty be in transplanting her into my 2001 750 F4s? would it be an easy fix or a new loom job?

thanks
Charles

·
Registered
9,945 Posts
Hi Guys,

I've just bought myself a 750 SPR engine that has dropped a valve, when I head home from uni this Christmas I will be assessing the damage, if it is irreparably damaged, I will be using it in my dissertation next year, however if it can be fixed up, what would the difficulty be in transplanting her into my 2001 750 F4s? would it be an easy fix or a new loom job?

thanks
Charles

Hey Charles how are you doing !

I can't advise you on 750s..I am pretty sure a transfer into the rolling chassis would be straightforward.
As far as parts compatibility , loom and relays etc...Have a look at the parts manuals Donsy has collated in the maintenance section. Also refer to Startwin tradings online catalogue for information .

Hope that helps you a little : )

joe

·
Registered
13,695 Posts
Yes, the spr engine is a direct drop in to the 2001 chassis. Wire loom and ecu are exactly the same.

Better be prepared to shell out some cash. SPR valves are unique and not cheap. I may be wrong, but I think the pistons are different as well. I had an SPR with slightly bent valves and it took me forever to diagnose the problem. Luckily, I found a complete head on ebay for not much money. It now lives in my track bike.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
cheers guys, well if its salvageable then that's great news, I guess its just a new eprom, how ever it goes ill probably be doing a comparison between the two engines, but I don't suppose anyone would know of someone with either access to or knowledge of someone with access to cylinder pressure data with and without combustion? standard dyno data... from a factory lol

·
Registered
9,945 Posts
cheers guys, well if its salvageable then that's great news, I guess its just a new eprom, how ever it goes ill probably be doing a comparison between the two engines, but I don't suppose anyone would know of someone with either access to or knowledge of someone with access to cylinder pressure data with and without combustion? standard dyno data... from a factory lol

Engine at operating temperature.

Cylinder compression control (280 rpm-min)
Motor type Min Press. Max Press.
ORO 7.5 12
S2000 7.5 12
S2002 7.5 13
SENNA 7.5 13
SPR 7.5 14
Brutale 7.5 13

Source http://www.teamdouble3racing.com/manuals

There is a comprehensive engine manual for your bike in there Charles.

Good ol Donsy :))

joe

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks for that Joe, however im looking for something a bit more in depth lol

for example this is a screen shot of some ford engine data I got from uni

I have no doubt that this will not be the easiest engine rebuild, however I have until around September next year to get her up and running... or I need to find the same level of data about the spr as I have about the ford.

besides I have contacts ;) lol not really but I know people who have contacts... does that count?

·
Registered
9,945 Posts
thanks for that Joe, however im looking for something a bit more in depth lol

for example this is a screen shot of some ford engine data I got from uni

I have no doubt that this will not be the easiest engine rebuild, however I have until around September next year to get her up and running... or I need to find the same level of data about the spr as I have about the ford.

besides I have contacts ;) lol not really but I know people who have contacts... does that count?
I have contacts too Charles ; ) and now you are my engine contact # 1 ha ha

1 - 7 of 7 Posts