MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 183 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Figured I'd get this knocked out.

A while ago a bike for sale in the Chicago area popped up and I inquired SPR#87QT if he knew any shops in the area that would be able to inspect this. He recommended a few shops, but he also offered to touch base with the seller and take a look at the bike in person.

Because the seller was a bit quirky, I was not able to simply wire money to the seller (cash only transaction). SPR#87QT offered to help me with the transaction of the bike. Moreover, he also coordinated with me to have the bike shipped back east.

This gentleman went above and beyond what anybody would normally want to ask of a forum member. I would definitely feel comfortable doing a transaction with him again or confirming him as a solid reference.

The bike is currently sitting w/ racegas, Stabil and StarTron ready for the spring. Thanks SPR#87QT!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,858 Posts
thats how awesome this site is for u

·
Registered
819 Posts
Race gas doesn't keep to well so you may want to plan on redoing, or a super clean, of everything from the tank to the carbs. If the fuel is fairly new you'd be best to drain it all now and run some clean 93 premium through the bike before putting it up.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Race gas doesn't keep to well so you may want to plan on redoing, or a super clean, of everything from the tank to the carbs. If the fuel is fairly new you'd be best to drain it all now and run some clean 93 premium through the bike before putting it up.
What is the lesser of the two evils? Race gas (no ethanol, but other additives/chemicals not in street fuel) or 93 (with ethanol)?

I can head over to a marina in Eastern MD and get some ethanol free 93, if it came down to it, but that's a PITA. I'll do that if I can avoid another carb clean out in the spring.

·
Registered
819 Posts
What is the lesser of the two evils? Race gas (no ethanol, but other additives/chemicals not in street fuel) or 93 (with ethanol)?

I can head over to a marina in Eastern MD and get some ethanol free 93, if it came down to it, but that's a PITA. I'll do that if I can avoid another carb clean out in the spring.

Trust me race gas is not to be left sitting in a gas tank for any length of time. Guaranteed you'll be redoing your whole fuel system and cleaning the inside of your tank if left in there over the winter.

If it were my bike i'd go ahead and go through the trouble of draining everything from the tank. One can drain it out the petcock but to be sure you get it all out and from around any gaskets its best to remove the tank, drain, and let air out any fumes. You'll want to run the bike so all gas in the carbs is flushed out. After that it would be a good idea to run the fuel tune into a cup/reservoir of clean fresh premium gas and allowed to run for a few seconds(15-30). Remove tube from fuel source and allow to idle out again. This should flush anything harmful from the carbs.
You can put it all back together and simply leave it dry until spring time. The idea is to make sure you get all race fuel out of the tank, lines, carbs, etc. Not exactly sure how easily accessible the inside of a 900rr tank is but try to get all fuel out then slosh around some fresh fuel to help dilute any residual race fuel then drain that out best you can. Air dry, soak up any left over fuel with paper towels, compressed air, or any other method you figure is easiest for you to do in order to get the tank as dry as possible. The whole concept is to flush then leave dry until spring rolls around. Once you have regular unleaded pump fuel in the tank then you can store it with stabil(or equivalent) which should be the following year.....don't "have" to drain fuel each winter especially if the climate you live in is shorter than usual.

(edit: before trying the method below it would be most wise to make sure the gas has not started to turn. DO NOT RUN STALE FUEL THROUGH ANY MOTOR! Check by opening the gas cap and taking a sniff. Don't bury your nose down in the tank and take a big inhale at first. The fumes will burn like hell. A close moderate sniff one should be able to smell if its started to turn or not. If you aren't sure try a little closer and deeper. Only do this once twice cause the fumes can cause all kinds of odd things to begin to happen. One should be able to perceive an odd/stale smell from the tank within a sniff or two. Some fuels will smell sweet and this is not what i'm talking about. If one has never smelled stale gas and dones't think they could recognize it then don't chance it.....best to just drain it. However, if the race fuel has not yet started to turn then it can be run through the motor.)

Or if you have a chance to take a really long ride on the bike run it until it goes dry. Helps to be near a gas station or have a 1 gallon can on the back when it does die out. Must go through the reserve as well. Then fill up with premium pump unleaded and ride at least a few miles.

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
I am very happy that Gary went out of his way to help you, Ides.

Unfortunately, I had a very different experience dealing with Gary.

In March 2011 I paid Gary US$625 including shipping for a set of pipes he was selling. The pipes were supposed to be as new RG3's from his CC, so it seemed like a pretty good deal.

After about a month they hadn't showed, so I emailed him. His response was along the lines of shipping from the US to Aus can take a long time. Okay. CAG sends me stuff and it is usually here in a week, but I gave Gary the benefit of the doubt.

Another month, still nothing. "Oh, there was a mix up with the shipping. What's your address again?" Apparently the pipes got shipped to London????

3 months later, still nothing. "I am really sorry, sorting it out now." In the meantime my credit card has been hacked and my bank raises this particular paypal transaction as suspicious. All the while I have been asking for a consignment number, but none was offered.

And on it went until September, when Gary mysteriously stopped responding to my PM's. He doesn't repond to the email addy we were communicating with either......I know Gary and Jen are still regulars on the forum. They must have me on ignore or something.

So, Long story short, Gary got my $625 hard earned, and I got nothing. I know Gary and Jen are reasonably well respected on this forum, but be very cautious in dealing with them. I am sure they have their side as well, and if they would like to share it I am all ears.

Mat

·
Administrator
18,834 Posts

Just a quick note about race gas.....some of the stuff is evil (even the Pro level race teams will siphon out the tank and then run straight gas into the system BETWEEN races :jsm:)....but some of it is benign.

VP Race Fuel comes in many blends. They offer some that are not corrosive and will be fine left in the tank with stabilizers.....the ones that will turn your combustion chamber and ports (not to mention the inside of the carbs) into barnacle incrusted aluminium say so on the labels.

So the question is....what race gas do you have in there?....Oh, and StarTron is an ethanol treatment...useless in non-ethanol gas.

And Mat, very sorry to hear of the problems with Gary....just bought some SPR decals from him recently....no problems on my end. Perhaps he will chime in here and clear the air?

·
Super Moderator
22,070 Posts
Wow

I am very happy that Gary went out of his way to help you, Ides.

Unfortunately, I had a very different experience dealing with Gary.

In March 2011 I paid Gary US$625 including shipping for a set of pipes he was selling. The pipes were supposed to be as new RG3's from his CC, so it seemed like a pretty good deal.

After about a month they hadn't showed, so I emailed him. His response was along the lines of shipping from the US to Aus can take a long time. Okay. CAG sends me stuff and it is usually here in a week, but I gave Gary the benefit of the doubt.

Another month, still nothing. "Oh, there was a mix up with the shipping. What's your address again?" Apparently the pipes got shipped to London????

3 months later, still nothing. "I am really sorry, sorting it out now." In the meantime my credit card has been hacked and my bank raises this particular paypal transaction as suspicious. All the while I have been asking for a consignment number, but none was offered.

And on it went until September, when Gary mysteriously stopped responding to my PM's. He doesn't repond to the email addy we were communicating with either......I know Gary and Jen are still regulars on the forum. They must have me on ignore or something.

So, Long story short, Gary got my $625 hard earned, and I got nothing. I know Gary and Jen are reasonably well respected on this forum, but be very cautious in dealing with them. I am sure they have their side as well, and if they would like to share it I am all ears.

Mat
Not nice to see Mat.
Be good to see the result, as I remember you mentioning this some time back.
Hope it can be sorted.

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
And Mat, very sorry to hear of the problems with Gary....just bought some SPR decals from him recently....no problems on my end. Perhaps he will chime in here and clear the air?
Thanks Ed, glad to hear that you had a good deal with Gary, it does give me some hope that he is legitimate and I will see the pipes or get my money back. I feel that I have been very patient with this one!

Donsy, other than this one, all my dealings with MV.net members have been 1st class. Yourself of course, CAG, spypyp, ollymv, John, and a few more I can't remember right now. It really is a great bunch of guys.

Mat

·
Super Moderator
22,070 Posts
Thanks Ed, glad to hear that you had a good deal with Gary, it does give me some hope that he is legitimate and I will see the pipes or get my money back. I feel that I have been very patient with this one!

Donsy, other than this one, all my dealings with MV.net members have been 1st class. Yourself of course, CAG, spypyp, ollymv, John, and a few more I can't remember right now. It really is a great bunch of guys.

Mat
Ever get on top of this problem Matty .

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
Ever get on top of this problem Matty .
Not heard anything yet, Dons. I kept PMing Gary, but now for whatever reason I can no longer PM him. Very disappointing, he has taken my $625 and has cut all communication.

Gary, where are my pipes????

·
Cyber SPOTTER
6,101 Posts
Not heard anything yet, Dons. I kept PMing Gary, but now for whatever reason I can no longer PM him. Very disappointing, he has taken my $625 and has cut all communication.

Gary, where are my pipes????
Disappointing? That's not disappointing that's SHIT - completely & utterly so!

Doesn't someone have a number or an email address for this guy that can be passed onto Matty?

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
HAHA yeah Rob, I was trying to remain civil and polite, but the truth is it is complete f*cking bullshit. I would really like to have a friendly chat with this guy! I am very patient and understanding, but the fact that he will not return my messages pisses me off to the max.

Gary, where are my pipes???

·
Registered
5,384 Posts

Doesn't someone have a number or an email address for this guy that can be passed onto Matty?
HAHA yeah Rob, I was trying to remain civil and polite, but the truth is it is complete f*cking bullshit. I would really like to have a friendly chat with this guy! I am very patient and understanding, but the fact that he will not return my messages pisses me off to the max.

I'm very sorry to hear about this SHIT you've been through MRT.:banghead:

WTF is up with Spr#87qt??? :wtf::jerkoff:
Did he/she raised the money for all those great bikes by scamming other people? :bandit:

Give back those $650USD to MRT!!! and be glad you don't have to pay interest, because that's the least you can do.

Hope karma gets back at you :shitfan:

·
Cyber SPOTTER
6,101 Posts
Pos

I'm very sorry to hear about this SHIT you've been through MRT.:banghead:

WTF is up with Spr#87qt??? :wtf::jerkoff:
Did he/she raised the money for all those great bikes by scamming other people? :bandit:

Give back those $650USD to MRT!!! and be glad you don't have to pay interest, because that's the least you can do.

Hope karma gets back at you :shitfan
:

Fuck yeah - what's worse the guy via his and his girlfriend's joint profile, show a crap load of bikes, gives us the impression that their loaded - SPR, Tambo, CC etc etc & then have to fuck someone over (and stand up young family man to boot) for $625, Jesus - if that's all their fucking pride is worth, then that speaks volumes.

I really HATE crap like this & it's what gets under my skin more than anything else. Yes Matty, it would be nice to have a friendly chat with him.

So Gary aka SPR#87QT IF you are NOT the Piece Of Shit that you are looking like at present on what's been presented, feel free to prove otherwise & I'll respectfully apologise until then I hope a fucking bus runs you over - TWICE!

·
Super Moderator
7,346 Posts
Ummmm, I'm no detective but looking at the thread that Gary or someone posting as Spr#87qt, used to sell these exhausts it is clear that this exhaust system was offered like this:
"If Anyone Interested I Have A Stock Exhaust From My F4 Cc
Brand New In The Box For Sale.
It Has Never Been On The Bike
Best Reasonable Offer.

i did open just the end of the bubble wrap and saw it is the rg3 exhaust
full system
".
End quote.

http://www.mvagusta.net/forum/showthread.php?t=37435

Top of page two from MVArt (Derrick):
"Hi Andrew / All, the stock exhaust that comes with the "CC" is the very same that came with the 2007 R-1000 and 2008 R 312 models.

When Gary was acquiring the "CC", he was going to let me purchase the stock from him for I was hopeful they were slash-cut and different than what I already had. Since bike was enroute to the dealer and we were unable to validate, I reached out to Hes who sent me pics of his... unfortunately what we already have on our bikes.

I can see someone with a pre-2007/2008 model year perhaps wanting them???"

End quote.

My opinion is that it may be possible, or in fact likely, that these are not RG3's at all, though they may be slash cut.
So it's therefore entirely possible that MRT (Mat) has paid for;
1. An exhaust that was, as far as I can see, never described accurately by the seller.
2. An item he has not received.

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
Guys,

Sorry, but ease up some here. Gary and I are friends and he is a stand-up individual.

I am certain this is simply some sort of misunderstanding.

I will call him today and see what's up?!

If I am wrong, then I will eat "Crow" for a very long time.

Stay tuned...
Thanks MVArt, I need someone with direct contact to Gary to help me sort this out. My biggest concern is that Gary has not responded to me since september last year, and he has had plenty of opportunity to do so. Can you please appeal to him to resolve this matter? It would be much appreciated.

Dave, I too have my doubts as to whether or not they are RG3's. Gary assured me they were in email/pm's, but unless they actually materialise, we will never know!

Mat

·
Super Moderator
7,346 Posts
Hi Derrick,
I believe the e3 is Euro 3. That's a whole different kettle of fish. That's a standard restricted exhaust.
RG3's have "RG3" stamped on the side, at least that's what mine have.

1 - 20 of 183 Posts