MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Nothing to laugh at sorry, should be banned imo.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Not a "Sport" -- Just an inflated macho adaptation of several outdated farmhand jobs... I mean what significance does "Bull-riding" have apart from testing the lack of common sense of both the contestant and the spectators... Mind you .. it IS entertaining .. and I have no doubt that it takes both skills and "balls" -- The bull however does not get to keep his :-D Even if he wins every time --- Does not seem a fair "Sport" to me .. Horses are a flight/ herd animal and as such more than intellectually challenged (Probably the dumbest animal apart from a pheasant) -- In reality the horse thinks it has a 180 pound apex predator on its back -- no wonder it desperately wants to get rid of the "rider" :) In nature the only thing that gets on the back of a horse is another horse trying to fXXk it or a predator trying to eat it ... I can relate to the Roping contests much more, that is a test of both a useful skill and courage. I've watched some very skilled contestants without any balls involved there at all.... :-D

·
Registered
215 Posts

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
Brings a smile on my face when a Bull impales a person.
It just feels good knowing the animal got a bit of revenge before it gets killed.

People who torture those animals before they enter the ring should be hanged.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Jeez ... Som strong opinions here .. If you like to eat beef .. You have to handle cattle ... Most of us have someone else doing that "unpleasant work" for us and see the steak we eat as a clinically sliced piece of meat, nicely wrapped in the cooler at the supermarket... what goes before that of killing, pain, gore and guts most people studiously ignore. -- Rather few take the consequence and become Vegans...

Personally I much prefer to kill my own meat-animals, so I go hunting deer, ducks, geese e.t.c. They have lived a free, but harsh life in nature, and if no predator kills them (including me :) ) they will end in a miserable way, by disease or starvation or both-- So hunting them seems rather "humane" to me

·
Registered
347 Posts
I'm very happy living my life knowing I'm meat free for 40 years and PROUD that nothing has suffered for my easy exsistiance.
Each to their own but I'm happy to know that I can look a cow in the eyes and wish them a good day 👍🥦
God bless us all

·
Registered
215 Posts
Jeez ... Som strong opinions here .. If you like to eat beef .. You have to handle cattle ... Most of us have someone else doing that "unpleasant work" for us and see the steak we eat as a clinically sliced piece of meat, nicely wrapped in the cooler at the supermarket... what goes before that of killing, pain, gore and guts most people studiously ignore. -- Rather few take the consequence and become Vegans...

Personally I much prefer to kill my own meat-animals, so I go hunting deer, ducks, geese e.t.c. They have lived a free, but harsh life in nature, and if no predator kills them (including me :) ) they will end in a miserable way, by disease or starvation or both-- So hunting them seems rather "humane" to me

Sorry mate you can't humanly kill something that does not want to die! If I gave you a lethal injection and you drifted off and died would that be ok with you or would I be charged with murder?

·
Registered
216 Posts
You Can NOT "murder" an animal ---

@Jigsaw312: Get a grip there -- Murder is defined as "Homicide" or killing another human being ... Killing an animal can never be "murder" -
Just to reverse your idiotic statement: I can, and I do kill animals "humanely" for food -- and for food ONLY - Not for thophies or "the experience" alone -- And I CAN make every effort to make sure that the animals I kill never really knew what happened.

When I hunt, the animal I shoot very rarely even knew it was being hunted .. A high power rifle-bullet from a 100 yards+ away still travels faster than the nerve impulses in the nervous system...

This is very far from the reality of the "industrial" production of Domestic meat animals .. including the "roping" of calves -- I did not state that I approved of this "sport", just that it takes skill and some measure of courage.(Even a smallish calf has sharp hooves and the whole act of jumping from your horse while roped to a live animal, and then knocking it over bodily is not something you do with impunity .. Yet people without any balls do it all the time- some of them with skill and grace that makes it look very easy -- which I assure you it is NOT...)

Very few of the animals that we as humans kill for food have any "self-awareness" -- They simply live -- until they die -- They do not know that they will die some day -- We are one of the very few species on this planet that know we are mortal.
You just can not bestow human emotions onto animals - These are scientific facts -- Very often ignored by "Animal rights activists" and other Disneyfied "tree-huggers" --- Yep ... I shot Bambi .. 0:) AND I ate him .. very nice steaks there ..

If you gave my dog a lethal injection (That it probably would not want, if it knew what it meant) and it drifted off and died quietly, it would not be Murder -- It would probably just be "willfull destruction of property" .. What I would then do ... hmmmm...

·
Super Moderator
21,420 Posts
@DKDravis:Just an aside here from the personal experience of my brother:

He and his wife have rescue dogs from the pound...for many years. They get up in years and he allows them to generally pass as nature intended. If a dog is in extraordinary pain, though, he will call in a vet and have the dogs euthanized.

Now, one dog had been in the family for many years and was old and full of cancer, but still viable and not really in pain. His housemate doggy, however, had some sort of fatal and painful disease. The vet was called in and came to the house to perform the required act...and to give the other dog a checkup and draw some blood for analysis.

The family went out to a pre-dug hole and had a little ceremony...the other dog was present. When the time came, the shot was administered and Moose dropped into the hole. Monkey was watching....

When the vet approached Monkey with a needle to take blood, that normally docile and sweet dog became an enraged animal seeking to get away from his buddy's killer. I had never seen, nor had my brother ever seen in 15 years, Monkey become violently scared and vehemently protective until that day...after witnessing the killing of his "friend".

There's more to it.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Yep .. Dogs have an acute sense of danger, and have had 10000 years of learning human signals .. "Monkey" is/was obviously a very intelligent dog, and able to associate the vet and his syringe with the death of his "partner" A dogs insanely acute sense of smell tells it more than we can see and hear and feel put together .. Dogs can sometimes smell if a person has cancer ...
That does not mean that "Monkey" knows/knew conciously that he is mortal and eventually will die... That is on another level of intelligence altogether..

And on another note (aside) Cows and horses, deer and antelope are "Herd/flight" animals, not much brain there... I have a hunting buddy who is a butcher, and he has worked with all the domestic "meat-animals" He simply states -- the ONLY animal that really reacts and obviously knows the mortal danger it faces is the pig .. it is highly intelligent -- on the level of a dog - but lacks the dogs ability to "read" humans as an instinct. Pigs have a sense of smell that almost rivals that of a dog, and so it is warned by the smell of death .. Wild boars are active hunters and "omnivores" just like humans - If a domestic pig is starved for long enough it will eat humans too .. though probably not actively kill...

·
Registered
215 Posts
I repeat you cannot "Humanly kill"something that does not want to die, all your assumptions are based on laws made by humans, not in fact compassion for another (sentient being) look it up if you don't understand the meaning. Laws made by an arrogant species that because we are "supposedly "highly developed that we have the right to kill and eat another species.

Whether the animal knows it's going to die one day or not they still have emotions and parental instincts, why does a cow chase after her calf that has been thrown into a trailer to be taken to slaughter at a day old.

Why are governments around the world passing laws to make animals sentient beings?
Won't waste any more time preaching to redneck hunters as Nothing will change their minds, I suppose climate change is a myth as well a?

·
Registered
14,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
wtf?

I posted this as a JOKE......you people are ridiculous
DKDravis you're reasonable.....

The rodeo bulls keep their balls......they are bred to be mean and nasty
Bushwacker is worth north of $500,000, it took 43 tries for someone to stay on him for just 8 seconds>:)

A woman was killed last week walking from her car to her front door by feral pigs in Texas
There are ~ 5,000,000 feral pigs in Texas alone, they need to kill 3,500,000 every year to keep the population level
where it is ......that's 9,600 every DAY!!!
In 1930 there were 300,000 white tail deer in the US, today 30,000,000! they're called "rats with antlers"
Add an additional 5,000,000 mule deer and black tail deer to that
Google Hollywood Blvd, there are deer, coyotes and mountain lions 5-6 blocks away in the middle of Los Angeles :grin2:
In Yellowstone National Park alone, there are ~ 720 Grizzly bears,they weigh up to 800kg and can run 56kph
The longest claws on a Grizzly were 23cm, if they smell food in a car.....they rip the car open

Some pictures
Rachael with the Harris hawk "Lover Boy" he's used to get rid of sea gulls that steal $40,000 in food off people's tables a month
Snow geese......no shortage of them
Grizzly bears fishing
Fawns walking through a town in Texas...looks like obeying the traffic sign:grin2:

Attachments

·
Registered
216 Posts
@ jigsaw: You are just as far removed from reality as the "rednecks" that think global warming is a hoax, and that you can assume anything about my views on the protection of animals from the fact that I am a hunter.
Point one: If you eat meat with the views you flaunt, you are hypocrite of the worst kind- rebuking others for not conforming to your particular narrow world view ..
Point two: it is a scientific FACT that humans would not have evolved the level of intelligence and conciousness that we have, without being hunters -- So in fact you are what you are because of your ancestry of meat eaters and hunters.
So go preach your pompous antihunter views to someone else ..
Of course animals have rights -- they have the right to be treated properly, and not made to suffer unduly, they have the right to be protected in their natural habitats - and to be protected from extinction by human activities, as long at they were not obviously already "out on a dead limb" evolution wise, such as the great panda -- literally millions of species have gone extinct long before humans even evolved --

·
Registered
215 Posts
@ jigsaw: You are just as far removed from reality as the "rednecks" that think global warming is a hoax, and that you can assume anything about my views on the protection of animals from the fact that I am a hunter.
Point one: If you eat meat with the views you flaunt, you are hypocrite of the worst kind- rebuking others for not conforming to your particular narrow world view ..
Point two: it is a scientific FACT that humans would not have evolved the level of intelligence and conciousness that we have, without being hunters -- So in fact you are what you are because of your ancestry of meat eaters and hunters.
So go preach your pompous antihunter views to someone else ..
Of course animals have rights -- they have the right to be treated properly, and not made to suffer unduly, they have the right to be protected in their natural habitats - and to be protected from extinction by human activities, as long at they were not obviously already "out on a dead limb" evolution wise, such as the great panda -- literally millions of species have gone extinct long before humans even evolved --
Point one: Don't eat meat of any kind.
Point two: Don't know where you get your scientific facts from, but maybe we could have evolved a higher level of intelligence instead of arrogance if we did not eat meat! Unless the world demand for meat is slowed in the near future there may not be a future, the world cannot sustain the massive animal agriculture that continues to grow daily.:frown2:

·
Registered
820 Posts
Firstly I'm a meat eater but not a huge one. Just as happy with a nice salad, with or without meat. Just a question here that may or may not be relevant to this debate and one that's bugged me for years: -

Why the fuck to vegans have a whole range of foods made to look like and supposedly imitate meat products?

You're either against it or not. If you wont eat meat for ethical reasons why buy 'meat' substitutes. This one has me fucked.

Cheers

Deano

·
Registered
215 Posts
Firstly I'm a meat eater but not a huge one. Just as happy with a nice salad, with or without meat. Just a question here that may or may not be relevant to this debate and one that's bugged me for years: -

Why the fuck to vegans have a whole range of foods made to look like and supposedly imitate meat products?

You're either against it or not. If you wont eat meat for ethical reasons why buy 'meat' substitutes. This one has me fucked.

Cheers

Deano
That's a good question @Deano, quite happy with fruit and vegies myself.

·
Registered
216 Posts
@ Jigsaw and my "Point 2" : There is a directly established link between the available levels of energy from the food you eat and the development of the extraordinarily large brain of humans -- This came about by a combination of hunting and the ability to cook our food.. This is a scientific fact .. There are a number of peer-reviewed scientific research papers on this in the fields of Anthropology and Paleontology.

The whole concept of Vegetarianism and veganism came about as a result of radical movements in the 1800'eds -- These movements were all started by well-to-do "city-people" who had the good fortune to be born into wealth and privilege -- No one poor enough to actually see scarcity of food ever dreamt of being vegetarian.

Do not get me wrong, I have nothing against someone who for whatever reason wont eat meat (Or are of any other religion) JUST AS LONG AS THEY STOP PREACHING THIS AS THE ONLY SANE OR "GOOD" or "MORALLY TRUE" THING TO DO.. You own NO moral high ground there ..

In relation to the climate you (Jigsaw) are right -- We ALL need to eat much less industrially produced meat, especially beef and pork -- This is actually where hunting comes in .. The meat I hunt is 100% "Green" and "Organic" -- I simply harvest part of the natural production of deer and waterfowl -- As long as there are strict rules and quotas for this, it is 100% Climate neutral -- Something you can not even say about the Soybeans and lentils you HAVE to eat as a Vagan to gain the protein you need to stay alive .. So Don't preach climate to me ..

1 - 19 of 19 Posts