MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Current issue of Sport Rider has a review of the F4 1kR by Kent Kunitsugu. Kent's a fast guy. I saw him destroy field of racers at Willow in a 250 Aprilia Cup Challenge race a few years back.

the article mentioned some things about the 1KR I did not know, like the revised spring rates in both the front and rear. the front forks and rear shock have a different "top out" spring to help at full extension. also, the new ECU does NOT have an EEPROM that is swapable. MV will provide a race ECU with their race exhaust systems.

He gave the bike LOTS of positives - great motor (loved the mid range), RAVED about the handling, liked the brakes (a bit soft on the inital bite compared to other radial mount brembos, pads need some heat to work well).

the negaitves: felt that the throttle response had a "delay" in it, and the throttle effort was too high. Goggi commented that "racers" like to remove one of the throttle return springs. hmmmm, where have i seen that before? (i did this on my bike, and it made it a lot easier to hold the throttle open)

bottom line, the 1KR is a step up from the F4 (more power, better suspension, lower weight, improved geometry) and it is more than enough bike to keep up with the best of Japanese bikes.

Alex

·
Living the Dream
2,755 Posts
You are right 100%, removing one of the return springs makes it a totally different bike holding through a turn and exit! Can't wait till they start importing them. :koolaid:

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
in my dream world,

i'd have my F4 1+1 for the street, and get a 1KR for the track (track plastic, sticky tires).

so if someone want's to give me $25k to help my dreams come true, just send me a PM and we can set up a wire transfer...

alex

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
dude, i've tried monopoly money so many times. hell, i've even thrown in a hotel and a couple of houses!

never works.

but i keep trying! lol.

alex

·
Registered
38 Posts
What is the deal about the throttle? It is not that stiff to hold open. Good lord guys, look down at your ankles and pull up your panties.

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
It's obvious that some members of this forum have never ridden a 1992 Moto Guzzi 1000S...industrial grade springs!

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
drmasis said:
It's obvious that some members of this forum have never ridden a 1992 Moto Guzzi 1000S...industrial grade springs!

Or used the clutch lever on a Buell :laughing:

·
Registered
583 Posts
That monopoly money was :laughing: I was :ahhh: with the hotels and houses. I used to have the same complaint about the throttle. But now I am over 2500mil in less than 3mths nd it is now easy or my wrist just got stronger. My friend who works on them told me not to do it because it would lossen up later. I waited and its perfect now. The stated horse pwr on the new R didnt look that different from the 06 F4 1000s. I had read some where that they had upgraded the ECU. SO I wonder if they squized the extra poneys from there. I have been thinking about getting reed of my cat and gutting the cans. A friend said he would open it up and reweild it for me. Then I am going to get a pwr comander III usb. I think I can get a good amount of pwr from there whats anyone think?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts