MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please Help with 990R sport mode

Hi everyone, I'm happy to say I've finally been able to buy one of these beautiful machines.
I am just running in my 2010 990R and have only 100km on clock. To set it in "Sport Mode" the manual says to press starter twice while idling in neutral.
I briefly see the "Sport Mode" icon come on but it disappears after a moment.
Should this icon stay visible or is is not working, maybe because of the running in process.
Any help would be great.
PS I put Traction Control to 3, I've never had it before. Advice here would be useful too.
Ciao
Jon:brutale:

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
You have to hit the starter button once to get it mode switch, then hit it again to get it to stay in sport mode.

If it stays on you're in sport mode otherwise you're not.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, that is what i have been trying but the icon doesn't stay visible. Are you saying it should be visible when it is selected.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Update --- got the icon to stay visible finally. It was very sensitive about how I push the starter button, timing etc.
Now I need to test ride and see if it feels any different.
Another weird thing it does, if i use left indicator a push on the knob stops it but if i use the right a push on the knob makes a click but starts the left blinking. To turn off right blinker I have to slide switch to left then push. Some special Italian code do you think.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys, I'll get it fixed. Also I find it stalls if I come in fast and pull in clutch to stop at intersection etc in 2nd gear, I will have to stop being lazy and change down to first. I see its idling around 1000 and it can go to 1250 so I will tell shop and get them to increase idle. Hopefully this will stop the stalls.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah if I come in fast in second, pull in clutch and don't change to 1st quick it has cut out, in Sport and normal mode and traction 0, traction 3. Also downhill, on flat and slight incline. Downhill cut out caused a skid as rear tire locked up. As long as I keep the revs up it doesn't seem to do it. But its a bit unnerving waiting for it.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
PS Red Baron whats the wire between the bar clamp for, I saw your pic and noticed it on my bike. I was thinking of putting new bars on as there is no room for my radar detector, but don't want to mess up the works.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Changing modes according to the manual says push ignition switch twice while in neutral and engine running.
It took me a lot of tries to get it into Sport, the icon would flash on and then disappear. It's on now but I can't seem to change back to normal following the instructions.
Have others found this tricky to switch or is it me, maybe im lost in the translation somewhere.
If other bikes do it simply then I'll add it to my list of faults to get fixed at 1000km.

·
Super Moderator
22,072 Posts
See if this helps mate

If this does not help - have you tried downloading the Workshop manual, good instructions in there also. http://www.teamdouble3racing.com - just look in the manuals section.

Try not to start a new post when still on the same subject as before.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
22,072 Posts
PS Red Baron whats the wire between the bar clamp for, I saw your pic and noticed it on my bike. I was thinking of putting new bars on as there is no room for my radar detector, but don't want to mess up the works.
It's not a wire mate, just 2 rubber plugs.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks, it helped me work out sequence. These instructions too aren't fully accurate though better than the handbook. Now I can switch at will.
Whew glad its not a fault. Downloaded the manuals too, thanks again.
Jon

1 - 14 of 14 Posts