MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking all over the interwebs but I cannot find any reference to this exhaust, Does anyone have a sound clip of this exhaust and or any experience with installing / running it ? Or am I just searching for a wrong name ?

for the people that dont wanna click on the link:

·
Registered
105 Posts

·
Super Moderator
22,472 Posts
It looks like this:

I have this on my wife's 1090RR.

010s.jpg

I left the DB killer in it. It growls. I have no sound clip.

I had the ECU remapped and Dyno-tuned.

·
Registered
5,580 Posts
Looks great!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you so much for the reply's and the picture ! I was looking and looking and I could not find it and within hours you guys helpt me so much !!

That sound is amazing and personally I think it looks amazing as well. I think I'm gonna go for this one over the other options because I just love the grunt in it.

The hydro has more of a scream in it and I like my bikes with a grunt :smoking:

·
Registered
52 Posts
I had the single-can Arrow exhaust shown above installed on my 2010 Brutale 1090RR. I found it to be too loud for my liking, even with the db killer installed. That was one of the reasons why I eventually sold the bike.

When I purchased my 2013 Brutale RR, I ordered the two pipe MV Corse exhaust, also made by Arrow. Without the db killers, it is still too loud (although better than the single can); but it is OK with the db killers in place. The fueling is also smoother with the db killers installed compared to having them out. Either way, you will have to remap the ECU.

I think part of the difference in sound perception may be due to the location of the exiting exhaust gasses. With the longer two-pipe system, the exhaust exits behind the rider rather than directly below the rider as with the single system. Both systems probably sound equally loud to someone riding behind you.

The single-can system (in my opinion) looks better; but I am happy with my choice of the two-pipe exhaust for my bike. It keeps the look of the bike closer to factory original, and without the CAT, my right ankle and heel no longer feel like they have been barbecued on every ride.

Attachments

·
Registered
272 Posts
^how does that dual can exhaust sound at startup? Like, say it was 6am warming up in your garage, idling -- are you waking up yerrr neighbors??!

debating between a full system(if it's neighbor friendly) or a cat delete and a microtec(which would seem to be the better value.. )... dont think i could, or would want to, throw down for a full system and the mictrotec..$$$$$$

Looks really good in that pic btw! Id go for a low-slung single can, but id want it to ressemble the Quat-D exbox style found on ducatis.

Attachments

·
Registered
465 Posts
^how does that dual can exhaust sound at startup? Like, say it was 6am warming up in your garage, idling -- are you waking up yerrr neighbors??!

debating between a full system(if it's neighbor friendly) or a cat delete and a microtec(which would seem to be the better value.. )... dont think i could, or would want to, throw down for a full system and the mictrotec..$$$$$$

Looks really good in that pic btw! Id go for a low-slung single can, but id want it to ressemble the Quat-D exbox style found on ducatis.
I'm not a big fan of those Ducati exhausts in those pics. That big square box underneath and in front of the rear tire looks like somebody made it in their garage. I just think there is a better way to go about it on a naked bike. Just my worthless opinion on that...

·
Super Moderator
22,072 Posts
No - no - just no.

Horrible system.
That bottom bike is as ugly as my mother in law sitting with her legs open...wtf.

·
Registered
4,296 Posts
Those box systems on the Ducatis are about as ugly as an ugly thing

.....nothing a can of gas and a match couldn't fix :popcorn:

·
Registered
5,924 Posts
I had the single-can Arrow exhaust shown above installed on my 2010 Brutale 1090RR. I found it to be too loud for my liking, even with the db killer installed. That was one of the reasons why I eventually sold the bike.

When I purchased my 2013 Brutale RR, I ordered the two pipe MV Corse exhaust, also made by Arrow. Without the db killers, it is still too loud (although better than the single can); but it is OK with the db killers in place. The fueling is also smoother with the db killers installed compared to having them out. Either way, you will have to remap the ECU.

I think part of the difference in sound perception may be due to the location of the exiting exhaust gasses. With the longer two-pipe system, the exhaust exits behind the rider rather than directly below the rider as with the single system. Both systems probably sound equally loud to someone riding behind you.

The single-can system (in my opinion) looks better; but I am happy with my choice of the two-pipe exhaust for my bike. It keeps the look of the bike closer to factory original, and without the CAT, my right ankle and heel no longer feel like they have been barbecued on every ride.
I had the Arrow stubby exhaust and went back to the 2 pipe system. Just looks better to me

·
Registered
272 Posts
Horrible system.
That bottom bike is as ugly as my mother in law sitting with her legs open...wtf.
I was commenting on the sports twin can that was pictured by the previous posters 1090rr... but i do still like the quat-d boxes -- much better than the stubby dildo single pipe brutale ones(since none of us are being shy with our opinions :) ).. but only on certain air cooled ducs.. colors, etc. If I could build my own system, for a brutale, it would be closer to the look of the panigale exhaust, but with two slant pipes exiting flush and at an angle ala the old brabus mercedes exhausts.

·
Super Moderator
22,072 Posts
I didn't know I was supposed to be reserved, I find it hard when I see something that ugly.
FWIW, I also don't like the stubby shorty pipes on the Brutale, I'm with "number2" I like the twin pipes.

It's a bit like the 4 pipes on the F4's and the triples with their system, you get what I mean I'm sure.

·
Registered
272 Posts
^ha. nah, Id prefer if everyone spoke more freely of their opinions!

The monster guys love the quat-d exbox.. i like them for their simplicity -- but they do look a bit rough around the edges... if they were more seamless, and less toaster box-like I think theyd get more praise. In other words, if there were a lower belly pan covering the boxy edges and just revealing the two tips i think it would look great.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Slader - Tamburini Corse do a similar single exhaust. I've got a video on youtube of the before and after though the video doesn't remotely do the sound justice.

·
Registered
465 Posts
I've got the Tamburini by Arrow single dildo on my Brutale, in Inox. It's similar to the Sport. If I'm riding without the db killer I wear earplugs. With the db in, it still sounds great. The weight savings, and getting rid of that catylitic converter is worth it.

·
Registered
465 Posts

·
Registered
14,532 Posts
?

I'm with Chris.......fffing ugly......

quite happy with the Arrow Thunder.......and what a weight saving too

:drummer:

:popcorn:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts