MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
8,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I thought I would make a thread just for this topic. It has come up in other threads prior to this one, but now there are some new updates and I would like to keep this discussion in one area.

Attached is an updated diagram sent to me by unionbike race team. This team has made podium on every race, and is gaining a lot of sponsors.

What i'm hoping to get out of this is how doable this proposal is. This will involve many factors, but most importantly, funding. We're talking about in the thousands of Euro.

Of course I'd love to sell that many shirts which I am still investigating, but unlikely in due time.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
GREAT idea!

"MVAGUSTA.NET".....a team sponsor.

I'll take 1 dozen XL shirts as soon as they become available and 1dozen medium for my girls and their friends.

How much more $ do you need?

Where do I send my check?

:guitarist

Peter

·
Living the Dream
2,755 Posts
i would like some shirts and also the same logo that you are putting on the bike to plaster all over my fridge and tool boxes in my garage. i feel the more stickers the better. Great idea too! Also, i like location "A" which i am sure is the more expensive one.

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
Having been corporate sponsored with my vehicles, and now corporate sponsored with my bicycles, I can help out whatever way I can.

http://www.myspace.com/oicdn

http://importfighter.iwarp.com/
I was ~18 and in High School when I had my car like that(I'm 24 now), with all those sponsors. I was on my way to being sponsored by General Motors, but I sold the car. If you're wondering, Mantapart, which was my main sponsor, designs the SEMA cars/suspensionfor GM. So they're not affiliated, but they are in a roundabout way (which is how I was trying to get sponsored by GM...a backdoor).

Here are my opinions:

A. Great spot, but is that scale size? Like the size of that yellow square will be it's approximate size?

Same location, sort of, but I would like to see it where it says "Corse" over the bottom vents. It's large enough, and it's also not typical like all the other ones. Also accentuates the vents down there that i think, are underrated and under accentuated.

B. Although it's a great spot, it's just never seen in print. Rarely seen on television footage as most views are from the side. Also, it's overpowered by the rider number...

C. Great spot, but it depends on how large it is. It's a bad location. Not only because of view, but because there's already a website address right under that location. It'll look like a jumble of letters, worse than it already is. Although, if it's large, it'll get the attention because people ALWAYS look at the exhaust brand. I would only go this location if the VW symbol and the other website weren't there...

You last option that wasn't given...that I think is a good alternative to A.

How about "MVAGUSTA.NET" curved with the red line above where it says "F4", in that black area? Right under the Dzus fasteners. The "F4" draws alot of attention. Seeing the "mvagusta.net" right there, in a font a LITTLE smaller than the Arrow logo at the bottom corner of the fairing, but bigger than the BMC font, would be perfect IMO...

·
Registered
8,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
I too, would like to go with spot A. The difference is about 3000 euro but definitely worth it. It all comes down to how to come up with the money. Basically, A comes to about 13,000 euro, a discount as compared to the other sponsors.

I am glad there is good interest in shirts. I would have to sell many to come up with that money, as you may know! :conveyer:

So, on the topic of shirts, since many want to buy. There is an ongoing thread about shirts in the general logo thread area. I would like to know if paying a premium for a higher quality shirt rather than just a typical printed shirt is the way to go. Those who are interested in buying, what do you aim at paying (price wise) for the MVAgusta.net shirt (of course design matters and such). I do not want anyone to get surprised by any prices and :later:

·
Living the Dream
2,755 Posts
I think considering an MV t-shirt cost about $40 i would pay $20-$30 for a nice quality mv.net t-shirt. you would also give the option of getting polo's hooded sweatshirts, or anything along those lines.

·
Registered
756 Posts
Those numbers sound reasonable...count me in :)

·
Registered
279 Posts
i vote "A" on the location. As for the shirts/sweatshirts/stickers, I suggest two levels. One less expensive printed version so u can sell lots of them, and a more expensive line (think UnderArmour style) to generate a higher profit margin....
(I'm in on all three, btw.)

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Alvin,

KEEP IT SIMPLE!

Good quality T shirts @ ~$25/ shirt.
sizes M/L/XXL .

I say we need a BIGGER discount on that 13K euros. We are fans...not profiting by the exposure. I'd think they'd want to support us. Pogiolino, we NEED you to negotiate us a better deal.

Alvin, I say you post an address and I will send $100 donation.

Peter

·
Living the Dream
2,755 Posts
I also like the idea of a place to donate money to the cause in any amount a the person feels. some people don't need a t-shirt but would like to help any way they can.

·
Registered
8,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Reopropf said:
I say we need a BIGGER discount on that 13K euros. We are fans...not profiting by the exposure. I'd think they'd want to support us. Pogiolino, we NEED you to negotiate us a better deal.
I agree, and have been pressing to get it lowered. Pigiolino?

·
Registered
8,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
odonata said:
The price sounds fine with me too, I am all for variety but for the 1st batch of shirt perhaps just 1 or 2 types, start small? after all we can have more made anytime?

Ideally the coolmax shirts are what I like, but I will be fine with the cotton ones.
Coolmax shirts are a very good idea and I am trying to get some things organized.

Thank you all for the input, I will definitely take all considerations into view when making decisions. This is, in the end, all for the members.

·
Registered
593 Posts
shirts good idea.

advertising in this fashion bad idea.

the return on the investment would not be worth it. the upside, maybe some more members on the forum, but is the price to gain some more worth it? no. if your hosting with someone other than your own server, more members, more money......... if this site generated revenue then you should consider advertising, until it has about 10k members it's a waste of money to buy space on this bike. some smaller budget ad campaigns in other ways would be feasible. the money spent would be better saved for a MV and/or spend your money printing shirts, stickers, hats, etc...... once you gain a massive following and revenue is coming in then re-consider it.

·
Registered
8,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Triple Seven said:
shirts good idea.

advertising in this fashion bad idea.

the return on the investment would not be worth it. the upside, maybe some more members on the forum, but is the price to gain some more worth it? no. if your hosting with someone other than your own server, more members, more money......... if this site generated revenue then you should consider advertising, until it has about 10k members it's a waste of money to buy space on this bike. some smaller budget ad campaigns in other ways would be feasible. the money spent would be better saved for a MV and/or spend your money printing shirts, stickers, hats, etc...... once you gain a massive following and revenue is coming in then re-consider it.
You make several very good points, and well understood.

I think much of what this has to do with is not necessarily just advertising. Sure it is very nice to see mvagusta.net pasted on the bike for name recognition throughout the world and such. However, much of it is supporting the race team at the same time.

Yes, agreed, this is a lot of money. I think at this point if I can't get them to significantly cut the cost, then it is not feasible. They are very supportive of this effort, and have cut costs already for helping get mvagusta.net on the bikes. Hopefully our European members can benefit by obtaining passes to events, paddock access to hang with the crew, and other things. These are things that I am working on.

Yes, server and hardware cost money, along with the bandwidth that this site now generates. Getting an MV is my issue that I will slowly deal with outside of this site with work I do on top of my Computer science & engineering studies, but contributions and shirt sales are for the community (whether it be directed towards sponsorship of the MV team, or for expanding this site).

Whether more people wish to contribute towards supporting the MV race team (and this site acting as a bridge to do so as a combined community effort) by purchasing shirts, or simply to support this site and help the future and expand, is all up to you and the community.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts