MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,915 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Noone....fine, I'll do it then.

First race of the year and Rea hasnt won with a 10 sec lead. Bautista did... with a 15 sec lead.
Mamma mia.

Congrats on Bautista, what a domination.

*cant wait for world supersport and the F3!! Havent seen any news of testing times.

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
Hi BSG The Ducati V4R was squirming around corners a bit and I saw a bit of head shake also (no way near as much as the Ducati 1199R) so I it was a relief to see bautista cross the finish line. The BMW S1000RR great through the corners but was getting blown away down the straits. Announcer said Sykes BMW S1000RR 15 KPH down in trap speeds. Still wish MV would have stayed in WSBK the MV F4RR was only down 3-5 KPH from top trap speeds and they could have hired Melandri . DO NOT FORGET the MV F3 675 factory bike is in WSS in 2019

·
Registered
176 Posts
Hi BSG The Ducati V4R was squirming around corners a bit and I saw a bit of head shake also (no way near as much as the Ducati 1199R) so I it was a relief to see bautista cross the finish line. The BMW S1000RR great through the corners but was getting blown away down the straits. Announcer said Sykes BMW S1000RR 15 KPH down in trap speeds. Still wish MV would have stayed in WSBK the MV F4RR was only down 3-5 KPH from top trap speeds and they could have hired Melandri . DO NOT FORGET the MV F3 675 factory bike is in WSS in 2019
Wasn't a great race for the F3's, one high sided in front of us and the other seemed to drop a lap at the pit stops but not sure what happened. Though they sound so much better than everything else on the grid in person.

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
F3 Matt I root for the MV F3 675 it is competitive with the best Yamahas and Kawasakis but the Yamaha R6 looks to have a horsepower advantage over the whole field. Does the F3 have a handling advantage over the other manufactures bikes like the F4RC did to close the Horsepower gap . Honestly I haven't looked that up yet in Motocourse or Superbike review.

PS.. Speaking of engine sound, did you hear the new Triumph triple 765 In Moto2 ? New Moto2 bikes sound so Good blind men are buying tickets to the race. LOLOL

·
Registered
2,451 Posts
. . . PS.. Speaking of engine sound, did you hear the new Triumph triple 765 In Moto2 ? New Moto2 bikes sound so Good blind men are buying tickets to the race. LOLOL
I'm not blind but I want one of the Daytona 'Replica' said to be going into production. Despite my good relationship with my local Honda/Triumph dealer, their lips are sealed on this.:frown2:

·
Registered
3,902 Posts
Thank You Dino for the great Photos.
Man I was anticipating the Start of the Season the whole Week.
But I remembered always the Visit to Australia last Year, meeting all the great Peoples, Man I miss You Guys.
And Yeah, what a shame, the F3's were awesome in Qualifying, Fuligni did really great.
Hey at least they showed Potential to fight with the Top Yamahas for this Season.
I think the Livery of Reparto Corse is looking great again.

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
Dino thanks for the photos. Nigel I too was disappointed when DeRosa went down. Any trap speed comparisons ? Hope MV pushes the limit on Horsepower. I wont think the brand unreliable if F3 has a break down being a 3 cylinder they have to tune the F3 close to explosion to get same hp as 4 cylinder. Now I cant wait to see Moto2

·
Super Moderator
21,756 Posts
Yes

1 - 14 of 14 Posts