MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
Laverty had a big crash.
Can anyone tell me what exactly happened?

Lowes tried to pass Laverty, Laverty didnt expected Lowes on his right side so they touched. Did Lowes broke off the brake lever?
That bike went with atleast 200km/h straight into the wall. Massive impact.

Good thing Laverty jumped off. He must've pooped his leathersuit

·
Registered
7,699 Posts
Not sure what happened but it must of been with the brakes. Either a broken lever or busted line. Glad he jumped off and did not look to be hurt much.

·
Registered
5,794 Posts
the replay showed what looked like a front fender hanging off one side of the front wheel so there definitely contact and definitely a front brake malfunction

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
Leon ran a good race
Sometimes when watching Leon in the race fighting with another rider it looks like hes holding back a bit.
For example: Last chicane Rea passes Melandri on the brakes, but in that same chicane Leon was beside Laverty and holds back twice.
Looks like Leon rather take safe way and secure points for MV Agusta in constructors championship than a chance of falling.

Lets hope Leon can secure P5 MAYBE P4 in Race 2. Melandri has his ups and downs not as stable as Davis/Rea/Sykes

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Sometimes when watching Leon in the race fighting with another rider it looks like hes holding back a bit.
For example: Last chicane Rea passes Melandri on the brakes, but in that same chicane Leon was beside Laverty and holds back twice.
Looks like Leon rather take safe way and secure points for MV Agusta in constructors championship than a chance of falling.

Lets hope Leon can secure P5 MAYBE P4 in Race 2. Melandri has his ups and downs not as stable as Davis/Rea/Sykes
Yeah right. He's riding what is basically a 20 year old bike for a team with a budget that wouldn't pay Ducati's hospitality bill and he's beating all but the fastest bikes. Remind me how many constructors points you get for a crash.
Leon performs regular miracles on that bike.
On the subject of the crash I think I'm about sick of the Lowes twins. They're a danger to themselves and everybody else and I think it's time they got a job in a cake shop or something.

·
Registered
3,900 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Great to see the F4 closer to the front, a great result for Leon and the Reparto Corse Team.
Plus PJ is on Pole and Zaccone despite his Crash best ESP rider, well he was the only ESP rider in Q2.
Now if Leon or PJ would just be a little more competitive at the Starts and run to the first Corners.
Seams like they all fall back, loose the contact to the front runners, catch up with some lost places and run almost as fast as the front later in the race.
Oh well so far an awesome race weekend.
Chaz did really well in front of the home crowd.
Yeah looks like the front fender ripped off the brake line or so.
I'm glad that Laverty seams to be okay.
What position will Leon have on the Grid for Race 2?

·
Registered
3,900 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Must be frustrating running at Imola in Supersport, delay first and two restarts.
Lets see how many laps WSSP will get together today.
Camier 3rd on the Grid!

·
Registered
7,699 Posts
Sad result in the second race for Camier. Would like to know what happened. He was doing great before the crash. He was running so fast the camera could not keep up with him to show the crash.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Yeah right. He's riding what is basically a 20 year old bike for a team with a budget that wouldn't pay Ducati's hospitality bill and he's beating all but the fastest bikes. Remind me how many constructors points you get for a crash.
Leon performs regular miracles on that bike.
On the subject of the crash I think I'm about sick of the Lowes twins. They're a danger to themselves and everybody else and I think it's time they got a job in a cake shop or something.

Well said, been saying both theses things for a while now👍👍

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
I disagree, The MV race engineers have pulled off the miracle and found more power in the MV F4RC. As the announcers agreed, you have the Kawasaki ZX10RR , the Ducati 1199R and the MV F4RC IS THE BEST OF THE REST. YES, Camier has been riding well but he is no Alien.
Hayden, Lowes ect can ride on same level as Camier. Lowes are good aggressive riders. They are just having to over ride on non competitive bike trying to win . Where Camier rides hard to get the best result he can Lowes trys to WIN every race no matter how much his ride is lacking . Lowes has talent they are just young and driven.

The biggest factor in MVs success is the MV F4RC not the rider.

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
Well said, been saying both theses things for a while now👍👍
I think u guys misunderstood my comment :)
We all know Camier is doing a fantastic job on the F4. With a small budget that MV has compared to other brands and teams around him.

My comment was about he's not really commiting to an overtake on the person infront of him.
This weekend Race 1 he was next to lavery twice before the last chicane and he didnt commit in overtaking him.

(And ofcourse I can be wrong. Im seeing it from a camera angle on tv)

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Hhhhhhmmmm. The Ducs and Kwaks are clearly on another level and of course the factory teams have the best riders. That said there are plenty of (admittedly not full factory - but anyone can buy the race kit) Kawasakis and Ducatis finishing behind Leon. Also if the MV was the best bike in the field there would be a ton of other teams using it and I don't see any.
I suspect that Leon knew he could never hope to get more than one place with the number of laps left and he did it as safely as possible. Shame Lowes didn't do the same. I've been a Lowes fan for many years but apart from flashes of success all I see is far more determination than ability.

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
jUNO, no one is saying the MV F4RC is the best bike on the grid but it did beat the NEW Yamaha R1s and the engine of MV F41000R was new when the ORIGINAL Yamaha r1 was new.( roughly original r1 1998 first F41000R 2000) And now the MV F4 RC is fairly close to the ducatis and kawasakis / At least its the best factory bike behind the Ducatis/Kawasakis.
Using a 15/20 year old platform, that is an AMAZING ccomplishment for the MV AGUSTA Race engineering department. They deserve cudos for building such a great bike.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts