MV Agusta Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What an amazing finish! Seven times MM93 passed Bagnia and seven times he shut MM down. Amazing track. What was FQ's problem?

·
Old Wing Nut
22,498 Posts
Great race !!! That's all I know.

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
Best race ive seen since Rossi vs Lorenzo in 2009 at ? misano? Phenominal Motogp best motor racing in the world imo.

Ducati might have surpassed yamaha as best bike on the motogp grid now that it has tight turning ability not just best as long fast sweepers (ducati wheelbase 2 inches longer than other manufacturers )

Marquez best rider on worst bike in MotoGP. I am marquez fan but he is using shoulder as the great scapegoat for himself and honda .... I would do the same in his position .He has huge ego and honda doesnt want to admit the rcv213 is a handling disaster (for a motogp bike level)

·
Old Wing Nut
22,498 Posts
Honda is bringing new chassis and even engine for testing and implementation (chassis) this year.

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
Hi EaqZ. there is a chassis/engine freeze in 2021. Everyone except KTM can only go to 2020 chassis. Cant update until 2022.They can use previous model year chassis which honda has since they get worse every year because of HP increases and there bike is 8 going on 9 years old Honda has been relying on Marquez skill for years .Honda needs to loosen purse strings and develop entire new bike . The other Honda riders where 10th to 13th? Marquez was using a 2019 chassis

·
Old Wing Nut
22,498 Posts
The commentators said Honda was bring new chassis and engines for testing and some new parts to implement. They have recognized they are far behind.

·
Registered
2005 F4 AGO 2017 TVL RC
6,696 Posts
Maybe Honda has given up on selling sportbikes. Their current offering is boring and isn't a big seller

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
Hi number 2 ...I have a theory... Fact = Honda had the engineers that designed the Acura legend entirely engineer/design the Honda PC800 pacific Coast. One of the best touring bikes of all time imo . You could run over a body and not feel it but its handling was absolutely horrible.

Theory= Now those same engineers 20 years later are the heads of HRC and cant design a good handling bike to save there lives lolol

Seriously Honda has lost its passion when MR Honda died

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
Eszqs yes i heard the announcer....But Hondas ...new.. parts are parts from 2018 2019.Because of engine/chassis freeze The newest chassis/engine parts can be from 2020. I HOPE that Honda uses there huge influence to change testing day limits back to to old days of unlimited testing It actually SAVES manufactures money as renting track time is much less than the increase of engineering time needed to make up for lack of on track testing .

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
One thing the honda rcv213 has is SPEED . Even though the hondas midcorner speed is the slowest in motogp, the top speed is still just a fraction behind the Ducati GP21.

Expert MotoGp analysis After the flag said Honda has a new engine for 2022. Hopefully its designed for better hp delivery not greater hp. This would make correcting the rcv213 bad handling even harder . The Honda rcv213 is 8 years going on 9 years old .Time to design a completely new bike ...Honda USED to design new bikes when they where uncompetitive the rcv211, rcv212 then when Honda realized Marquez was SO good he could ride around the handing problems of the rcv213 and STILL win Marquez became the ONLY way Honda could win a Motogp race consistantly and the rcv213 got more uncompetitive/worse handling every year .,,, The last non Marquez honda win was way back in 2017....

When Mr honda was living this situation would NOT exsist. in 1984 Honda tried a new design with exhaust was where gas tank is and gas tank underslung under the engine . It was a handing mess. Spencer still won 2 or 3 races out of 12 but instead of relying on Spencers skill like they are and have been doing since 2015 with Marquez . Honda spent te money and designed a entire bike which was very competitive . Spencer went on to win both the 500cc and 250cc that year

When Mr honda died and his personal hires at HRC retired the last of Hondas racing passion at corporate level went with them

1 - 11 of 11 Posts