MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good race /odd season. Yamaha has BEST riders but down on power engine durabiityproblems and handling issues , Ducati Best power 2nd best handling but WORST riders= Sorry Dovi missing a step.. never impressed with Miller. Bagnia is a good prospect but rookie and broken.(Ducati PLEASE sign Bagnia) SUZUKI DOWN on power but for Suzuki who has ALWAYS been down on power (since 1983= not a typo lol) They are doing well AND 2nd best riders.

This odd mix of strengths and weaknesses spread among the manufacturers has resulted close exciting races . Who wins each race is a guess.

FORGOT ..... Aprilia new down on power to extreme. KTM new Rookie sensation Brad Binder was pulling his hair out on set up . The KTM has power but the steel trellis chassis is a nightmare to set up . Still impressive imho.

HONDA The RCV213V is THE WORST HANDLING BIKE IN MOTOGP====HAS BEEN A CRAP HANDLING MOTOGP BIKE FOR YEARS. Without Marc Marquez if they make TOP 10 its a miracle..... Marc Marquez please sign with Ducati, save your career from ending due to injury... Why not Suzuki? I can see Marquez crashing trying to make up for horsepower deficit.

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
ROSSI True GOAT great race its just that father time has caught up with him . Consistency off , he makes mistakes and he fades late. Speaking of fading , VINALES has been totally exhausted after races. Moreso than even Rossi at 41.

MORBIDELLI seemed almost poed after his first win? He was like... Yes im happy what ever . What was that all about?

Bagnia was just in pain and wanted to lye down.

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
I was waiting for Rossi to close the gap to Morbidelli, but it just didn’t happen.
The Racing seems to be all about the tyres at the moment. i Find it a little frustrating. WSbk is the same - look at Sykes. He has the lap speed, but can’t do it for a whole race. Miller is in the same boat.

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi Rev ... A race bike development always centers around tires . Actually Right now tire tech is very good. Sykes problem is he is 180lbs and the tires are designed for the average MotoGP/WSBK rider who is roughly 140lbs . If Sykes uses the same soft compound tires as his 140lb competition/riders to do the same lap times Sykes burns up his tires . Miller has be running SOFTER tires to keep up with faster riders and burning up his tires . This is why I am not impressed with Miller.

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
REV the big power increases has really effected the bikes in MotoGP . Ducati has kept handling to an even keel But Yamaha and ESPiECUALLY honda has had big handling oroblems with power effecting the handling . KTM has improved handling despite HP increases . Aprilia didnt have HP increases and Suzuki said they will only raise HP to the point where it doesnt hurt the bikes Handling ... Suzukis stratagy sounded goofy but seems to have paid off as they have been on Podiums and in the hunt for wins all season

1 - 5 of 5 Posts