MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
FP2 1st Bagnia Ducati 2nd Quartarro Yamaha 3rd Alex Espargro Aprilia M.Marquez=16th 1.1 seconds down Honda Pol Espargro 14th 1 second down Honda

·
Wing Nut
21,718 Posts
MM93 chose not to do a time attack in FP2...sat in the pits and watched his spot drop down the list.
Q1 will be interesting.

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Esqz Marquez went out for 18 laps Fp2 fastest lap was on lap 10 but was slower than in FP1 FP1 1:38.291 vs FP2 1:38.295 He is most likely either poed because he fighting the bike the entire lap or gathering courage contemplating if he should attempt to and try and ride around all the handling problems . Its the same bike he himself was saying had too many problems forcing him to ride at 65 degree lean angle. Marquez said he was over riding the bike so much he had no room for error .

DB 509 Bagnia is flying which is surprising being Jerez is VERY abrasive and chews tires.

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Esqz dont forget there is FP3 and FP4. I have a feeling Honda is planning to pull out of MotoGP. Have they signed extention with Dorna yet?

·
Registered
2005 MV Agusta F4 1+1, 2009 Yamaha R1 (track only), 1966 Suzuki K15
53 Posts
Esqz dont forget there is FP3 and FP4. I have a feeling Honda is planning to pull out of MotoGP. Have they signed extention with Dorna yet?
Why the feeling? I believe MM93 is signed with them through 2024.

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Spec not this year at end of 4 year contract end of 2023. 20,21,22,23 2019 Honda was embarrassed by all the bad press stating without Marquez the honda was lucky to make top 10. They have press conference stating its NOT MArc MArquez winning the titles its the Honda RCV213. Marquez gets pissed talks to other factories honda comes back states they are sorry and marquez talent is the reason the titles where won and they would make a better bike . THen an odd 4 year HUGE money contract . THis is so Marquez wont walk even if bike uncompetitive . IT also makes business sense as Honda outbid Ducati by 8 million per year . 8X4=32 million .CHEaper than designing new competitive bike for 4 years. Also there is the fact that even though Honda is doing VERY well in F1 they are pulling out of the series at the end of this year .
PS USA printing TRILLIONS of unbacked dollars has made the stock market...unstable...putting it mildly . MAnufacturers where allowed more Aero this year and honda wouldnt even put up the$$$ for that ??
I am a MArquez fan , fastest rider ever but even he has his limits . Marquez has had a LOng time to heal (5 months without infection ect and its screwed and plated ) he looks as good as ever

·
Registered
164 Posts
mm is far from fully fit, he may take another year or longer to be back at 100 pc,

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
flossey kevin scwantz had screws/plates in arms wrists /collar bones many times . HE is healed . screws/plates decrease healing time by almost 1/2. Pol Espargro who is a top tier rider is running 14th-15th the bike is un competitive as the moto press /paddock/announcers said at dohar /portimao. Its just a crap handling bike?
Marquez had head shake during braking and even had a tank slapper on air at end of Portimao race . Announcers even where shocked look at race .

I noticed Marquez isnt going past 60 degree lean angle (like he did in 2013/2014 before hp was overtaxing chassis) I think/Hope he has just smartened up and is just saying .. no... i wont try and ride around all the bikes problems . Not only do the announcers say the honda is bad handling bike every race , you can litterally see the handling problems during the race .

YAmaha had the same problems with hp over taxing chassis and worked hard to fix problems . Why cant Honda do the same?

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Flossey think, if it was rust or MArquez getting tired you would see at least ONE or TWO fast laps then he would slow/taper off .

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Nakagami goes kamakazi, tops fp3 on old honda frame. Top 7 separated by ? 1/100th-2/100th of a second M.Marquez has big crash washed front end trying to make left

·
Registered
2005 F4 AGO 2017 TVL RC
6,416 Posts
Marquez almost got taken out by his bike in FP 4. Amazing the crashes these guys have and walk away

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Well, didn't see that coming.

Will be interesting o see the wash up from Quarto.

Great ride by Jack and Bags. Taka put in a good show also. Yamaha better pull their finger out with Morbidelli or he is gooooone.

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Glenno!!!! miss me lol . Not dead yet tumor in bile duct has not grown since found year ago doctors clueless . Anyhow glad to see Marquez didnt push in this race. i think/hope he has just said to himself ... No i am not riding around this crap handling bikes problems ...Its not worth it . Taka rode the ride of his life all weekend on the brink of death . He has brass balls for sure lol. Marquez is as good as ever he just needs new bike.

Off topic .... Remember when Bautista and his crew cheif said the Honda cbr 1000rrr had quote ... inherent handling problems .... well if you see the Aussie Superbike series there is a rider named , Herfoss riding the CBR 1000RRR as if its on Rails and smooth as silk . There is a chance Bautista is riding so much harder/faster and on higher level than Herfoss but i dont see it in fact the CBR 1000RRR looks to be much better handling than the ducati V4R. Glenno .. check out Aussie Superbike series this year you will be in 7th heaven lol

·
Registered
247 Posts
Morbidelli rode brilliant, why is he on the old bike? Taka impressed too. Miller deserved that win, he rode steady all race.

Reactions: esq'z me

·
Registered
164 Posts
Morbidelli rode brilliant, why is he on the old bike? Taka impressed too. Miller deserved that win, he rode steady all race.
Morbidelli rode brilliant, why is he on the old bike?
Cause he came 2nd in the championship last year, proven chassy and overall handling, his rear suspension hold down start mechanism stayed on and would not disengage in the first round,
Same as Zarco, riding a proven bike that has been developed over the years,

quoted by roer,

flossey kevin scwantz had screws/plates in arms wrists /collar bones many times . HE is healed . screws/plates decrease healing time by almost 1/2.

Those injuries have a way easier healing time frame as MM'S did, you can plate a collar bone / wrist and be back the next week, no way with a humerus break,

MM still cannot push or ride his bike the way he was able and that's why he will suffer till he he is fully fit, then the fireworks will start, just look at the invincible quateraro with arm pump,

Vinny still cant ride with a full fuel tank, he needs to do all his practice and qualifying with a full tank to see how it handles and to stay in front or closer at the start of the race,

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Flossy my point is the same as the entire moto press, MotoGp paddock and annoncers is the Honda RCV213 has gotten even worse this year and is quote Uncompetitive (moto press) and worst handling bike in motoGP and has been for years . Its Marquez biggest problem that even he cannot overcome even in his best day . Marquez is still best/fastest rider but no fireworks until he changes manufacturer . Or honda builds him new bike

1 - 20 of 36 Posts