MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
QUARTERARO second in qualifying and the Yamaha is down on power . Ducati should try to sign this kid. Dovi just isn't a alien and getting out ridden by Marquez Quartararo and Vinalez and Dovi is riding the best bike on the grid.

·
Registered
997 Posts
QUARTERARO second in qualifying and the Yamaha is down on power . Ducati should try to sign this kid. Dovi just isn't a alien and getting out ridden by Marquez Quartararo and Vinalez and Dovi is riding the best bike on the grid.
The Ducati corners like a fat chick. That's why Gigi has shit hanging off it like a Chinese laundry. The others are closing the HP gap and it takes alot longer to sort handling. Why would he go to that? If it had the same power all the other bikes had it would be fighting for scraps

Those Suzukis are developing into a really nice bike. Mir performing well this weekend.

Quarto on a Yamaha next year is going to be a real handful.

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
Our commentary on BT Sport was alluding to Lorenzo bailing out of Honda and resigning with Ducati next year.

Not sure whether there's any foundation behind it or merely commentators babble. Given that Petrux has reportedly resigned for Ducati, this would put a massive question mark over Dovi. I'm not really sure that Dovi should be written off just yet though.

·
Registered
997 Posts
I would consider that a Furphy because it would be a big gamble by Ducati considering Dovi is 2nd in the Championship this year and finished 2nd last year ahead of Lorenzo in 9th.

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
I would consider that a Furphy because it would be a big gamble by Ducati considering Dovi is 2nd in the Championship this year and finished 2nd last year ahead of Lorenzo in 9th.
Fair point, but Lorenzo's 9th was a 'false' 9th given his later half season performances probably averaged 3rd. Still, as I said, it would be a big call, although based on present circumstances (results/injuries) Honda might just as well feel like releasing some dead weight. (And you know I say this as a Honda devotee).

I still say: Put Nakagami in the seat!!:wink2:

·
Administrator
20,100 Posts
Oh well....was hoping for a better race.

Mir makes another mistake. Dang !!

Quatro as well........ I was falling asleep by the end.

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Nesca the angles achieved in MotoGP and WSBK is amazing but the rule of thumb is you should use the least amount of lean angle you can and still get through the corner as too much lean angle lessens contact patch. If this sounds ass backwards I agree. I read this in a motorcycle chassis engineering book.

Gleno, The Ducati USED to handle like a fat chick when they used the Caron fibre Chassis . When Ducati went to the traditional Aluminum box section chassis the Ducati became a good handling bike. The Suzuki MotoGP bike is the best handling bike on th grid
Marc Marquez Bad Mouthed The Honda RV213V saying it was bad handling and he has to ride around the RV213V problems. HONDA is going to be Pissed off being he said this on television

·
Registered
997 Posts
We might disagree mate. The Ducati isn't even guaranteed the mantel of 3rd best handling bike. Suzuki and Yamaha being the first 2.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Our commentary on BT Sport was alluding to Lorenzo bailing out of Honda and resigning with Ducati next year.
Cancelled BT Sports because the commentary is so much BS. Wouldn't believe what Heuwen said, think my wife has forgotten more than he knows. Subscribe to the MotoGP app and watch it on Android TV, third of the cost, great commentary and no ads.

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
^^^
Cheers for that. I'm close to renewal and have been seriously considering bailing out of BT because of the ever-increasing charges. I have phone/broadband/TV package which I'm sure can be easily beaten by competitors.

I respect the views of Colin Edwards (now only a 'guest' commentator) and also Michael Laverty.

However, when the subject turns to Lorenzo, in the present paddock climate, I firmly believe that anything said should not be discarded.:wink2:

·
Registered
114 Posts
Quite agree re Texas Tornado and Michael Laverty. Also have a lot of time for Gavin Emmett but the BT race commentary is appalling. I had BT Sports at £35.00/month, no other BT services, just ridiculous.

Re Lorenzo I am a big fan, OK his persona may not be to everyone's taste but what a rider. Unbeatable on his day, remember his last lap last corner move on Marc at Silverstone, his Ducati win in Austria and 2-in-1 overtake at Brno. Don't understand why so many have a downer on him, my guess is the beating of Valentino on the same bike, but even Valentino respects his talent.

Anyway whichever way you go re: provider keep watching :)

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Gleno if the Ducati handled like a fat chick Dovi would never have won a race. He doesn't have the skills to beat Marquez yet he has beaten Marquez . The Ducati doesn't shimmey midcorner like the Honda does and the Yamaha for that matter. Suzuki is the best handling and Ducati 2nd . BTW the moto media all say the Ducati is the best bike on the grid for the past 2-3 years. Did you here Marquez in the interview on TV? He said the Honda is a bad handling bike and he has to ride around all of the Hondas problems the Honda is the worst handling bike on the grid.

·
Super Moderator
22,501 Posts
FWIW, my best lean angle has been 90 degrees......:jsm:

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Nesca the angles achieved in MotoGP and WSBK is amazing but the rule of thumb is you should use the least amount of lean angle you can and still get through the corner as too much lean angle lessens contact patch. If this sounds ass backwards I agree. I read this in a motorcycle chassis engineering book.

You don't need a motorcycle chassis engineering book for that....common sense and some basic understanding of physics involved in riding a bike. The ultimate goal of a racer is not to achieve extreme lean angles, but that inevitably comes when one is on the edge (or even over it) of current technology in use. In contrast to many street riders looking for proof that they are doing good through extreme angles, which can be very misleading.
But when the Honda refuses to turn, well you slide the back wheel and go loooooow. So...66>:) it is.

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Have you ever sat on your bike , looked at your elbow and think, I know they drag there elbows but it just seems impossible. I learned how to drag knees years ago but my elbow is still a foot away at least . Because of my lower spine has no discs I have to relearn to ride sitting upright like Agostini , Hailwood Try it sometime , you feel like your on a sky scraper and at the same say 40 degrees you lean when dragging knee seems like 60 degrees when riding upright. Also, you will wear the tires down to cords and still have 3mm-4mm chicken strip. When I was young I was a good rider on shitty bikes . Now I have good bikes and my riding has gone to shit lol

1 - 19 of 19 Posts