MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Super Moderator
22,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Top 10 within a second of each other.
Marc almost broke his neck in the 1st practice session, he could have been another sad statistic right there.
Yet, there he is, on pole again.

Attachments

·
Administrator
19,841 Posts
Its crazy how MM has crashed in the last 3 races in practise.
"You never know how fast you can go until you fall down."
David Aldana

·
Registered
2,886 Posts
that guy is unbelievable
im predicting GOAT this year, like ricky carmichael did in supercross
marc marquez wins every race this year. thats my prediction

·
Registered
2,213 Posts
I've taken to just reading the race results now, I can't even be bothered to watch the highlights :(
Great rider, boring sport?
Roll on wsbk's from Laguna :)

·
Registered
7,777 Posts
I've taken to just reading the race results now, I can't even be bothered to watch the highlights :(
Great rider, boring sport?
Roll on wsbk's from Laguna :)
Agree

After 1/2 way I just fast forwarded the rest of the race.:zzz:

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
No offence to any of you, but I never understand when people say they are bored by motoGP. I can see were you are coming from, but for me, watching the best of the best at the top of their game never gets boring.

Next race, watch the riders, watch what they are doing on the bike. It's amazing and I feel that when people say that the racing has become boring, they are selling these guys short. The standard of riding right now is the best it's ever been.

·
Registered
583 Posts
No offence to any of you, but I never understand when people say they are bored by motoGP. I can see were you are coming from, but for me, watching the best of the best at the top of their game never gets boring.

Next race, watch the riders, watch what they are doing on the bike. It's amazing and I feel that when people say that the racing has become boring, they are selling these guys short. The standard of riding right now is the best it's ever been.

Agreed! I usually watch them several times over.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Interesting racing..to me anyways..

"Wrenches" thrown in last few races makes for interesting starts and racing. How can it be boring watching Marquez overcome the wrenches thrown at him to win races. Sure, it's same result at the end of the race, but it's how he got there makes it interesting to watch. I'm waiting for a penalty ride through so I can watch him pick his way through the field.

·
Registered
2,100 Posts

Im with you. If i ever get a chance to watch it. I love watching the onboard shots and see how they grab the brake lever and how they feather the clutch coming out of corners. Even watching there body position is amazing too see gives me more understanding of what i can try or fix on the track when i go out lol.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
2,213 Posts

I appreciate what your saying but racing is supposed to be about competition, at his current pace Marc will wrap up the series with four rounds to go which is easily possible and that's only if Dani finished 2nd at every round and that's unlikely so he could wrap it up even sooner, where's the competition in that? Rossi and Dani have signed new contracts and Jorge is likely too as well so who's going to threaten Marc for the title for the next two years? Yes it is amazing seeing slow motion footage of Marc dragging his elbow but that's the norm now, I'm sure it was exciting seeing the first rider drag their knee, who gets excited about seeing that now?

There are many talented riders who were fantastic to watch in moto2 last year, but now they have moved up into motogp onto uncompetitive rides they are left way down the order and forgotten, with the same top riders signing new contracts there's no hope for them of that changing so when their two years are up they'll be dropped as the next group from the lower classes are promoted, or demoted depending how you look at it?

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
I appreciate what your saying but racing is supposed to be about competition, at his current pace Marc will wrap up the series with four rounds to go which is easily possible and that's only if Dani finished 2nd at every round and that's unlikely so he could wrap it up even sooner, where's the competition in that? Rossi and Dani have signed new contracts and Jorge is likely too as well so who's going to threaten Marc for the title for the next two years? Yes it is amazing seeing slow motion footage of Marc dragging his elbow but that's the norm now, I'm sure it was exciting seeing the first rider drag their knee, who gets excited about seeing that now?

There are many talented riders who were fantastic to watch in moto2 last year, but now they have moved up into motogp onto uncompetitive rides they are left way down the order and forgotten, with the same top riders signing new contracts there's no hope for them of that changing so when their two years are up they'll be dropped as the next group from the lower classes are promoted, or demoted depending how you look at it?
Chris are you forgetting Suzuki will be competeting next yr.... i have some hope in Suzuki to at least be able to keep up with the pack. Just saying its a possibility.

·
Registered
2,213 Posts
Oh god I hope so Kreativ, although it's difficult to develope a new bike when the rules are constantly changing? what may also help will be the introduction of control ecu and software? Although usually any move to threaten Honda's dominance usually involves them throwing their toys out the pram and threatening to leave the series until the rules revert back to something they are happy with ;)

·
Registered
3,903 Posts
So Ackers what You call for is a liberal dream.
Let the pure and slow peoples win and cut of the limb of the fast ones.
Racing was and is about the best winning.
In motorcycle Racing history we had dominant machines as riders.
Gilera, MV Agusta, Honda, Suzuki, Yamaha to name only a few who had winning streaks.
Agostini, Roberts, Rainey, Sheene, Doohan, Rossi to name a few who dominated there racing hay days.
So now we have a spanish championship with Marquez as the ruler.
Times will change and someone else will be the challenge.
Remember the times where riders who wanted to follow Doohan ended in the gravel sooner or later.
Long live Grand Prix Racing.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts