MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Super Moderator
22,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
No surprises for the pole position fight then, and Lorenzo still struggling with the bike and tyres, even though they have gone back to using last years tyres for this round I believe.

There was some amazing footage on Foxtel, see Marques loose the front a few times and just picks the bike up with his knee and elbow, still goes and does the fastest lap. I would not be surpised he he goes and wins more races this season than anybody else before him, he might even win every bloody race. I hope not though.

Looks like Rossi has good race pace and so does little Danny. I would personally like to see Bradl on the podium before Danny.
Smith looks quick at times, but not sure he can do a full race at this pace yet, seems to be a problem for quite a few of the guys, something to do with the way these tyres go bad, not many guys seem to know how to deal with this.

http://www.crash.net/motogp/results/202128/1/austin-motogp-cota-qualifying-2-results.html

Attachments

·
Registered
2,213 Posts
I do hope this isn't how it's going to roll for the rest of the season?

Honda must be pleased but if I was them I'd be more concerned that their open class bikes are so far down the order? Maybe they don't care because Marc is doing it up the front, time will tell if they support the teams with upgrades through the season but if they don't it's bad for the sport and fans will switch off? :(

·
Super Moderator
22,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I do hope this isn't how it's going to roll for the rest of the season?

Honda must be pleased but if I was them I'd be more concerned that their open class bikes are so far down the order? Maybe they don't care because Marc is doing it up the front, time will tell if they support the teams with upgrades through the season but if they don't it's bad for the sport and fans will switch off? :(
Nobody remembers who came 2nd or 3rd, never mind 6th or 8th.

·
Administrator
20,071 Posts
Forecast of 50 % chance of rain at race time....that would make things interesting!!!

·
Administrator
20,071 Posts
Turned out to be a dry race. Windy and not as hot as Friday.
You know who won.
Poor Jorge got an itchy trigger finger and his ride through penalty killed any chance to fight for a podium.

But the great news was Dovi putting the Ducati back on the box....it's been a while.

·
Registered
657 Posts
Top speeds of 209 mph! I don't think I could even hold on at that speed going in a straight line all by myself, never mind in a pack of racers! Amazing.

Go Honda!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts