MV Agusta Forum banner

SPOILER 2020 MotoGP DRAMA

2K views 23 replies 11 participants last post by  silentservice703 
#1 ·
What is Honda going to do if MM out for an extended period of time? Even with pinning upper arm you have to let heal if he would crash again could end MM career.
The crap handling RC213V (Crap for a MotoGP bike) will be struggling to make the top 10.
I still say if M. Marquez is so hell bent on having the fastest bike on the grid he should go to Ducati. This way the team will still be working on chassis/handling and hopefully he wont be crashing so much.
FYI I heard Marquez and his crew cheif on Pod cast and Marquez said he has team working just on power and crew chief backed up statement .
YES a rider should give feed back but not direct race developement .

#3 ·
It may not be an easy bike to ride, but I wouldn't go so far as to say it doesn't handle, handling is largely subjective and it seems to work for him, he led the race, dropped to last and overtook everyone in the field back to challenging for second. It looked good on the corners, it seems to need an aggressive riding style and he can work with a loose bike in a way the others can't, I guess that looseness helps him change direction quickly, unfortunately it caught him out, from the way the rear was sliding around his tyres had probably started to go off by then. Shame, what an incredible feat and show he put on! Not for his control or coolness, which were abundantly lacking, he really seems to have lost his composure and cool, for the first time he's being pressurised, by a young rookie no less but what an incredible talent he is.

I kind of hope he can temper himself this season, the pressure is really on for him to equal Rossi's tally and it'll get somewhat harder each year, especially at the rate of injuries and falls he's racking up. It's a great specatacle but he probably needs to start thinking about switching to the long game, Dovi did a great job of demonstrating that. MM should have settled for third but it just isn't in his nature to do anything less than 12/10ths!

#4 ·
What is Honda going to do if MM out for an extended period of time?
Their safest bet would be to promote Cal or draft in Jorge! Personally I'd like to see Johann back on the Honda, maybe they could do a deal to pay Jorge and give hime to Ducati (seeing as he's in talks with them anyway) and swap him for Zarco, but that wouldn't work as Pol is tipped to replace Alex next year anyway!

#5 · (Edited)
Win it or bin it !!!! Marquez can't bear to be beaten. He should have settled for the podium and come back to try for the win next week.
Great show though. So happy the races are on again!!

Reactions: Nito
#6 ·
I am really not a Marquez fan, but over the last few seasons it is getting difficult not to like him. He clearly is the best rider. He pretty much always has a smile. He never talks bad about his motorcycle or team. He really does not talk bad about his competitors, and he almost always gives credit to team, family, friends, or others for his success. He is a fantastic spokesperson for the sport and for Honda. To top it off, he has the true racer attitude and never gives up or settles for "good enough" - you gotta love that!

His ride this weekend was simply spectacular and probably his best display yet, that he is in another class. His first save was super human, How he easily he passed the 20 or so best motorcycle racers in the world was pure brilliance. It was an embarrassment for the rest of the field!
For someone to do this in Moto3 or Moto2 is an incredible achievement. To do it in today's level MotoGP is simply unprecedented superiority! Yes he ended up crashing, but that is part of racing and could happen to anyone at that level. Even with the cards stacked against MM at the moment, only a fool would count him out for the championship.

Oh god, I think I am becoming a MM93 fan...... 😲

#7 ·
I am not. I still remember MM screwing with the championship but trying to hold Rossi up and the two nearly running off the track. And just pulling over for JL just so a Spaniard would win the championship. I agree that he is the best out there right now. But he can't handle it that a young kid is giving him a run for his money. This got under his skin and he no longer knew his limits and went beyond it.

#8 ·
Love him or hate him... Marquez's coming back from 16th to bloody 3rd (albeit crashing at that point)!! Come on, there is a reason he is regarded as the best racer ever by so many pundits. And wow, that save... just unreal. Personally not that big a fan. Some real nice racing going on in that race. Vinales pushing and saving his race despite a bad call on his part with regards to tires. And Dovi... no one gave him a chance for a podium (not even himself!) but he did score a first podium ever at Jerez. Yeah, truly excited for this upcoming round 2.

#9 ·
M. Marquez is THE fastest rider EVER. Only 2 riders in history had the same style and use the same lines, Roberts SR and Freddie Spencer.. If you look it up Roberts raced all the riders of the...golden age..Rainey lawson, Doohan, Gardner,Schwantz and Roberts was a second a lap faster even after retirement.. Casey Stoner said Spencer was laping a full second faster than he was at HRC on same RCV213V and Spencer had to be in his late 40s. Point is it is VERY rare rider who can pull off his unique and dominant riding style. So as long as he doesnt hurt himself he could be champion for years to come.

#11 ·
FYI.. About 2? weeks ago in Motomatters.com they said the 2020 Honda RCV213V handling took a step backwards and stated Marquez was a part of the problem dictating R&D direction. One things for sure Marquez is NEVER going to Suzuki. They havent been even on Par with the other factories since 1976 to 1982 . Literally they have been down on power every year since 1983. BUT has had GREAT handking machines.

#12 ·
Also worth noting, Crutchlow has been the focus of development for HRC's bikes. From what I have read, Marquez is really bad at communicating, in development jargon, and expressing tech needs. Seems like it's a bitter pill for Cal to swallow that HRC/LCR are thinking of dropping him... and from here, seems like a crazy move for HRC to lose its primary tester (who also is crazily racing). Already now that MM seems like he will miss out on Jerez 2, the championship is within reach for potentially Quartararo and Vinales... and if the stars align themselves up right, for Dovi (and what Ducati drama would that bring if he does!!!)

#14 ·
Marquez, Crutchlow and Rinz all cleared to race this weekend !! Reminds me of the video of Dick Mann cutting his cast off to race in "On Any Sunday"....

#17 ·
If I was Marquez father I would put a foot in his ass for being stupid. Then again his father should have given him hell for riding around handling problems years ago. Marquez reminds me of Schwantz who was always over riding to make up for the Suzuki RGV500 lack of power. Many ,including myself always wondered why Schwantz didnt go to Yamaha .

#18 ·
Well Roehr, you’ll be happy with todays Quali, Marquez brothers at the back, Marc pitted, his arm is very swollen, he did the sensible thing, rode around a few laps and didn’t set a time, if he starts tomorrow it’ll be from back of the grid. His brother binned it in quali so will be just ahead of him on the grid.

Maverick did an awesome lap which would have been pole but disqualified for exceeding track limits by a couple of inches, pity for him, I was willing him to get pole! Fab is therefore the pole sitter. It’ll hopefully be a great race tomorrow judging by quali!

#20 ·
Did you get a look at his arm as he rode off on the back of a scooter??? It was seriously swollen up !!

#24 ·
As racing season is back, please start a NEW SPOILER ALERT thread for each race. Checking in on a thread for a previously run event only to find the results of the current event is very disappointing.

Be considerate.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.