MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just getting my brutale ready for the roads again and found I have a split at the base of teh mirror that goes up about an inch towards the rubber cap

I think I know this was caused by leaning across teh bike when stored under a few sheets, I had hoped the mirror movement was on the turning joint, but alas it has split the plastic

I know a lot have removed their mirrors for bar ends, but as mine is a Hydrogen I want to keep it original

So can the plastic be glued or a special weld??

Its also painted white, so if I was to get a replacement i would have to get it sprayed....to make matter worse its the offside which I rely on more

any suggestions please

·
Registered
984 Posts
Just getting my brutale ready for the roads again and found I have a split at the base of teh mirror that goes up about an inch towards the rubber cap

I think I know this was caused by leaning across teh bike when stored under a few sheets, I had hoped the mirror movement was on the turning joint, but alas it has split the plastic

I know a lot have removed their mirrors for bar ends, but as mine is a Hydrogen I want to keep it original

So can the plastic be glued or a special weld??

Its also painted white, so if I was to get a replacement i would have to get it sprayed....to make matter worse its the offside which I rely on more

any suggestions please
It is possible to order a new one from the MV factory.

I got a new on the warranty when the paint was bad. I`m not sure on the price. I would think that a Hydrogen mirror will coast about 150 pounds. Ask your dealer.

The same was with the back seat, which I lost twice. The price for this was 140 pounds.They have spare parts for the Hydrogen.

Totally agree that a Hydrogen must be orginal

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks..........I will be seeing my dealer, but just wanted to sort something out in the mean time as it will be expensive and could take some time to get....

·
Registered
984 Posts
Thanks..........I will be seeing my dealer, but just wanted to sort something out in the mean time as it will be expensive and could take some time to get....
I would think that the retailer will provide this in a week or two.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Why not just get a regular mirror and have it painted?
Yes, I did say that originally....just wanted to know if the plastic can be glued or heat welded

I may have to check price of std mirror and Hyrdogen mirror form the dealers and see if its cheaper than std and spray

1 - 6 of 6 Posts