MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Super Moderator
22,629 Posts
Very cool, John. I'm glad to see their workbenches have the same tidiness as mine!

·
Administrator
20,371 Posts
Love that aeroplane!!!

·
Administrator
20,371 Posts
Ed... The Chinese will restore you one for £700..
Somehow I think the Kiwis would do one I would feel more comfortable owning.....but first I have to get a pilot license. :ahhh:

·
Registered
4,296 Posts
John you can buy a replica 90% scale with eight cylinders that climbs quicker than a real Spitfire for $250,000

·
King of Bling
9,828 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

Cheers Chris .. That's cool and I like the short video's about the plane and company at the bottom of the product page..

Do you fancy getting one ?

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
How about this one, Guy Martin Builds a Spitfire MK.1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i7Zebpu2nS4

I haven't watch but the first 10 minutes or so. I just don't have the band width at home :bawling: nor the time at work :jsm:.

·
Super Moderator
22,629 Posts
I just finished watching the entire show. How very cool.

·
Registered
4,296 Posts

Cheers Chris .. That's cool and I like the short video's about the plane and company at the bottom of the product page..

Do you fancy getting one ?

No John, not for me, but I do have 4 derelict P-51s and an pristine Mig-25 in PNG

·
Super Moderator
22,629 Posts
The P-51 is my personal favorite plane...next to a WW1 Fokker Tri-plane, that is.

·
King of Bling
9,828 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hey Chris

That's an impressive collection you have there. The P-51 was a much better plane than the Spitfire and once they married it up to the Merlin engine, it became an instant classic..

Have your P-51's still got their engines fitted ?

And as for the MIG... Holy shit :jsm:... I won't ask why..:)

You’re quite an interesting character mate and if you’re ever in the UK, we should meet up for a beer… You’d enjoy my mates company, as they’re plane nuts and walking encyclopaedias on all things to do with planes..

By the way, what does PNG stand for ?

·
Registered
4,296 Posts
Hey Chris

That's an impressive collection you have there. The P-51 was a much better plane than the Spitfire and once they married it up to the Merlin engine, it became an instant classic..

Have your P-51's still got their engines fitted ?

And as for the MIG... Holy shit :jsm:... I won't ask why..:)

You’re quite an interesting character mate and if you’re ever in the UK, we should meet up for a beer… You’d enjoy my mates company, as they’re plane nuts and walking encyclopaedias on all things to do with planes..

By the way, what does PNG stand for ?
Hey John, PNG is Papua New Guinea....and the P-51s are in very poor shape, though all intact except some weaponry....I have a .50cal at the top of the stairs at my apartment there and the other machineguns in storage, all in perfect working order. The Mig is very cool, I'm no plane buff, just like what I like if you know what I mean and the Mig was part of an oil deal

·
Super Moderator
22,629 Posts
John, Chris IS an interesting character and an all-around nice guy.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts