MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
That's the only twin sweater in existence and is owned and flown by an elderly lady. It was her husband's restoration project, unfinished when he died and she learnt to fly and completed the project in his honour and is now considered a Spitfire guru and very accomplished Spitfire instructor pilot. I forget her name but her story's online somewhere I'm sure. Inspirational lady.

Si

·
Administrator
21,052 Posts
I want to go for a ride!!!

·
Super Moderator
22,072 Posts
Awesome Ade, crikey mate you look a bit young in that pic...lol. Hey, I remember a couple of years ago another 2-seater crashed in South Africa, they said it was one of two and it recently came from the UK ? Anybody know more ?

·
Registered
895 Posts
I couldn't love my bikes any more than I do, but a machine like that really makes them look kinda pathetic, doesn't it?

·
Registered
5,193 Posts

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
what a neat lady, here's a bbc report on her:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-hampshire-12632311

That's the only twin sweater in existence and is owned and flown by an elderly lady. It was her husband's restoration project, unfinished when he died and she learnt to fly and completed the project in his honour and is now considered a Spitfire guru and very accomplished Spitfire instructor pilot. I forget her name but her story's online somewhere I'm sure. Inspirational lady.

Si

·
Super Moderator
23,083 Posts
Those WWII Warbirds are amazing....

·
Super Moderator
23,083 Posts
Anybody watch the movie "Red Tails"?

1 - 20 of 30 Posts