MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi to all. On my 1078 312RR, my speedo stopped working, everything else in the dash works fine but my speedometer stays at "zero" and the tripometer also freezed. I took out the sensor at the sproket cover and run the test that the manual says and it turned out ok so the question is... what´s next?? wiring issue??

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Checked the plug behind the speedo Nicolas ?
Chacked on the plug, disconected it and connected it back but still no luck. This is pretty weird! the thing was working fine and one day it just stoped!
is there anything else I could try?

·
Super Moderator
21,779 Posts
Yes, go to the F4 312R Shop manual and get into the electrical diagram. Identify what is not working and follow the wiring diagram to identify the source of the issue.

·
Super Moderator
21,779 Posts
Patience is a virtue when tracing electrical issues. Be methodical and know exactly what is and is not working.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Patience is a virtue when tracing electrical issues. Be methodical and know exactly what is and is not working.
right at the moment everything works but the speedometer, it reads ZERO all the time. I`m guessing my speed based on the rpm and gears...
First thing I did was taking the speed sensor off the sproket cover, tested it and came back ok... then I took appart the spedometer and cleaned it up with a dry cloth, replaced the bulbs behind the rpm tach (one had gone out) and cleaned the conectors behind the speedo and also the one at that connects the speed sensor at the sproket area. I put everything back together but speedo won`t work :thewife:

·
Super Moderator
21,779 Posts
Argh. Nico, if I have some time this weekend, I'll see what I can find.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I still couldn´t find out what´s wrong with my speedometer/tripometer... any ideas silentservice703?

·
Vendor
5,222 Posts
This is a long shot but dissconnect the battery for a minute and re-connect,in other words re-boot the ECU,if it works I will tell you how I know.

·
Super Moderator
21,779 Posts
Hey Nico...I'll see what I can see over the weekend....I am at work right now, so I can't really look.

·
Super Moderator
21,779 Posts
Anything else not working on the dash?

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
This is a long shot but dissconnect the battery for a minute and re-connect,in other words re-boot the ECU,if it works I will tell you how I know.
I rushed to the bike and disconected it but no luck. took the bike around the block and it still reads "0"

·
Super Moderator
21,779 Posts
Everything else works fine! it´s just the speedo and the tripmeter ... but I tested the sensor and it come out ok
Ok, so the dash and all the lights work and the tack does its thing?

·
Super Moderator
21,779 Posts
Temperature indication working?

·
Super Moderator
21,779 Posts
Nico...I need more info here. There are a couple of possibilities, but I need to know what is/is not working on your dash...including warning lights.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts