MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone else have a vibration buzzing noise at certain rpm's coming from instrument cluster? I had it yesterday and when I came to a stop the speedo seamed to flex and move a good amount. I'm going to stop by the dealer and see if the bikes on the floor have same flex! I know this is going to bug me cause it is taking away from the sweet music coming form the rest of the bike!! :naughty: But no joking aside it buzzes prety good at certain rpm's?

·
Registered
922 Posts
Yes, it buzzes something awful at certain rpms. If it's a matter of tightening up the instrument cluster, I'm all for it. I tightened my right mirror stem but that didn't make the buzz go away.

·
Registered
8,920 Posts
There are a few common causes; Check the speedo cowl, but also check the intake covers - they rub against the frame and transmit a very loud noise that is hard to locate. As you're riding, if you hear it, grab one of the covers to see if it stops.
To tighten them you'll have to lift the tank slightly, and there are three screws each.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
cool thanx I will try the speedo first cause I do believe that is the culprit!

·
Registered
350 Posts
Check your headlight glass mine and others fell out and broke its a $700.00 item.
Also ran it over. I never had a japenise headlight glass fall out. :cry:

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks I think I found the problem the 2 mounting bolts on each side of the cover were a little loose so tightened them and it was much better on my trip home.

·
Registered
746 Posts
Street Fighter said:
Check your headlight glass mine and others fell out and broke its a $700.00 item.
Also ran it over. I never had a japenise headlight glass fall out. :cry:
$700 headlight lense? Whoa!!!!!!!!!! Man I hope I don't catch a rock with mine! :ahhh:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts