MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
The Set/OK button can be used to set the value of speedlimiter. It will lock the max speed of your bike to the set speed and you won't be able to ride faster than that. Not exactly sure when exactly one would ever need to use this.

A word of caution - DO NOT try to fiddle with it while riding...I engaged it by mistake at 55mph while doing 60mph and the rear wheel locked up on me :jsm:

·
Registered
265 Posts
We need to get on MV to produce a more comprehensive description of functions for this system or maybe start our own thread to centralize all we find out on our own. The User Manual's information on display functionality is - to say the least - somewhat deficient in many areas (e.g., Custom mode set up, speed limiter discussed in this thread, etc.) Thank goodness for the forum - another great find shashank - seems the speedlimiter is a definite safety issue if not operated/set correctly and your incident will hopefully prevent many of us from having the same oh s_ _ t experience! Knowledge is power, keep passing it around..

·
Registered
181 Posts
We need to get on MV to produce a more comprehensive description of functions for this system or maybe start our own thread to centralize all we find out on our own.
I would appreciate a new thread too, concerning dash handling.
After 3 month and 4500km I´m not happy how to manage all of the alternatives that are possible to switch on/off.

May be we should look at the different situations:

Bike and Motor stopped
Bike stopped, Motor running
Bike riding

Cheers!

·
Registered
372 Posts
It's activable only while riding from 50 to 150kmh , you have to push the selector on the left bar, push on the lower arrow=you actual speed+2kmh, every time you push you increase the value is blincking, to lower select the other arrow(upper),and to fix , you have to press 3" the enter buton, that's the difficulty with gloves; be carrefull to the traffic; it's mainly for highways and pit lanes , not for city speeding.
Enjoy
It 's interresting to braking in too (in 5 and 6) the shiftlight is on near the limit selected and then you never run the motor too fast in sixth (6000 for exemple)

And the more important , it goes off when you stop the engine (like Idahomike says)

·
Registered
265 Posts
It's activable only while riding from 50 to 150kmh , you have to push the selector on the left bar, push on the lower arrow=you actual speed+2kmh, every time you push you increase the value is blincking, to lower select the other arrow(upper),and to fix , you have to press 3" the enter buton, that's the difficulty with gloves; be carrefull to the traffic; it's mainly for highways and pit lanes , not for city speeding.
Enjoy
It 's interresting to braking in (in 5 and 6) the shiftlight is on near the limit selected and then you never run the motor too fast in sixth (6000 for exemple)
I assume it defaults to OFF when you shut the bike down?

·
Registered
138 Posts
heads up! display

I started to explore the settings & features and quickly discovered it was a potential distraction to safe and proficient riding, so now I just ride her with it all turned off and have zero problems and issues. Most settings should be established pre-ride.

The F3 totally rewards the rider who has mastered throttle control, bike works just fine in the rain with or without traction control turned on. Takes off nicely at idle (no throttle required) then leaps into a nice wheelie launch with a touch of the throttle. ...what more could you want in a highly sophisticated precision handling crotch missile :smoking:

·
Registered
372 Posts
In mode rain ,the TC is always set at 8 level.
I tryed in N mode and TC8, it's very soft on lean angle and preserves the motor during the braking in time; this afternoon I 'll test lower setting TC6 because I reached 500km , I can run 3000 rpm more!!!!YES

·
Registered
15 Posts
Word document

@idahomike...

Very good initiative! If MV doesn't provide with a complete manual, let's make one ourselves...Couldn't we produce collectively a comprehensive document that could be downloaded from this site?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Ha! What a strange menu to even have, particularly that it's only accessible while riding.

I had forgotten about this but discovered myself "fiddling" with it in traffic the other day, and yup.... crippled myself during the ride. What a ridiculous and even possibly feature implementation; thank god it deactivates at start-up!

·
Registered
451 Posts
I've had a few times when the speed limiter would have been useful - riding through a few miles of "average speed cameras" for one. However, when I switched it on, I couldn't readily find a way to switch it off...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts