MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Living the Dream
2,759 Posts
178 with more power to put down, ran out of road, a couple of guys from the forum where actually there. the feeling was pure adrenaline!!! i highly recomend speed!!

·
Registered
8,867 Posts
Greeneggs&ham said:
178 with more power to put down, ran out of road, a couple of guys from the forum where actually there. the feeling was pure adrenaline!!! i highly recomend speed!!
Now, I must ask. GPS verified?

·
Registered
8,920 Posts
150mph indicated---smooth on the road, but very windy.
120mph 2 up, not as windy, but just as smooth; I was very impressed.
To note, these were very quick passing bursts, and not some squiddy attempt to attain top speed (well, maybe a little). :cool:

·
Registered
438 Posts
i once rolled backwards out of my driveway at 2mph. it was exhilarating. :smoking:

·
MV Cellist
4,595 Posts
jskipper said:
i once rolled backwards out of my driveway at 2mph. it was exhilarating. :smoking:
I do that everyday! :laughing: seriously, because part of the drive way to our garage has a steep slope to it, and whenever I leave I have to back out carefully with the brake or it would pick up a lot os speed. when I first moved in I had to get used to doing it, now I can do it without my feet touching the ground. :toothless.

·
Registered
180 Posts
speed freak

Saw the shift light coming on in 6th (240k ish), before the thought of smacking into stray wildlife slowed me up. Was rock steady though. :toothless

·
Registered
301 Posts
250 kmh - and plenty more still there for the asking. On a good road but the thought of meeting a cop and going straight to jail dampened my enthusiasm. But hell, talk about well planted at speed..... what a bike.

Doc :naughty:

·
Living the Dream
2,759 Posts
That 178 wasnt GPS verified. i know someone else on the board who has gone 187 on his. i know the speedo's can be off once you get high enough, but does anyone know exactly how much? i only ask b/c i still had a lot of rev's to go.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Truth is...

Both my Ago and Tam were well planted both on street( middle of nowhere in a state park) and track, VIR, at ~155mph, with much left for a Rossi to use.

Speed kills, so be safe out there. We lost a MSF instructor this past weekend to a deer at night. Be careful and as smart as possible.

Peter

·
Registered
5,590 Posts
290 km/h. That was nice but I wanted to see 300... Too much traffic over here, and since I'm not the ghostrider :later:

But one day :mad:

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
The police have speed cameras, radar, helicopters, you name it. Difficult to find a straightish, quiet stretch of road here now, but every now and then :naughty: Still running the new bike in, sort off. When I'm trying to max my bikes out, I'm usually looking ahead, trying to keep it between the hedges rather than checking the speedo. 166 in 5th out of the Evo III and I'll keep you posted on the thou. 140 in the wet the other day, honestly didn't think I was going that quick.

·
Registered
438 Posts
john said:
The police have speed cameras, radar, helicopters, you name it. Difficult to find a straightish, quiet stretch of road here now, but every now and then :naughty: Still running the new bike in, sort off. When I'm trying to max my bikes out, I'm usually looking ahead, trying to keep it between the hedges rather than checking the speedo. 166 in 5th out of the Evo III and I'll keep you posted on the thou. 140 in the wet the other day, honestly didn't think I was going that quick.
140 in the wet!! :shocker: you're a brave fella john. brave indeed!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts