MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone tell me why speed tv is so bad this year?? It used to be ok but know it is just out of control and not in a good way! :lightning

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Can anyone tell me why speed tv is so bad this year?? It used to be ok but know it is just out of control and not in a good way! :lightning
THIS YEAR???????? It's been pretty bad since it became "the nascar network"

Chris

·
Administrator
20,073 Posts
It's not SPEED anymore.....now it's Pimp My Ride, Low Riders, Stunt bikes....where the hell did the racing go??? No World Rally since a couple of years ago.

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
To speed or not to speed,...

Can anyone tell me why speed tv is so bad this year?
fast,

As bad as it is, bad Speed TV is better than no Speed TV. They televise, (most of), the Motogp races. And while their Motogp coverage is horrible, (too many commercial interruptions!), without Speed TV, I'd have to pay for satellite or internet access. My advice is to just watch the motogp races and ignore the rest of Speed TV programming.

Elton

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Simple math and not much different than what's been happening for years at other networks.

AMA racing coverage costs more than it's worth.

GP coverage is cheap in comparison.

The reality shows (Pimp My Ride, Stunt Bikes...) are even cheaper and unlike races can be rerun many times, making them cheaper still.

·
Living the Dream
2,758 Posts
All i have to say, is that with Spies doing well in WSBK, they need to draw more attention to the series. During the race the commentators mentioned that there hasn't been an american in the series that has shown well for years, and without more coverage or mention of the races, ratings will not improve.

I mean come on, if anyone has been watching the races, they are freaking great to watch!

·
Registered
17,189 Posts
Hey! "Livin' the Low Life" is a brilliant television program.
Indeed.....Vida got back! :jerkoff: (Kiddin aside, I really do appreciate the low rider as an art form. Those guys are true artisans, even if their chosen canvas doesn't appeal to my taste.)

·
Registered
378 Posts
.....by the way.....do someone know if it's possible to watch motoGP races on the internet without signing up in motogp.com?

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
This year ?? I'm so friggin tired of NASCAR !! :jerkoff: Go fast turn left :loser: Motogp and an occasional Superbikes episode is all I ever tune into.

·
Registered
876 Posts
The problem with nascar is mass appeal. When the fan base was small it was all about race cars with a few colorful personalities (active drivers) thrown in. Now it's just Entertainment Tonight with a few race cars thrown in.

Mass appeal always creates a platform for the promotion of political correctness. The same people who ran out all the mature drivers in favor of the "young guns" are first to condemn the youthful exuberance of the most talented young driver until he learns to conform to their expectations and now he is the greatest thing since sliced bread. Of course winning doesn't hurt either.

·
Registered
514 Posts
What I hate is that with comcast I have to signup for a whole sports package just to get this one horrible channel so I can watch it once every two weeks. >.< The networks are fucked for the same reason the banks are! The more money people get - the more they want - the more they dilute their product and we end up with the Kind of TV we have today. I have somewhere around 200 channels and I watch the 3 or 4 hours of tv a week my Tivo grabs for me.

Do any of you guys have BBC america? If not it's worth getting for Top Gear. It's by far the best motor enthusiast show in production - but sadly it's cars only. check it out. www.topgear.com

·
Registered
583 Posts
I love Vida, but I am not that in to low riders, I just watch it for Vida. They look cool but I would rather see them go fast. Debrun I watch topgear on youtube, its free and that is a great show.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts