MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7,802 Posts
They did not show the last series of the WSBK races and I do not see that they will cover the AMA races this weekend. I like to watch the NASCAR races but they over kill the coverage.

·
Registered
17,189 Posts
Kidding aside, I thought NASCAR actually owned Speed Channel.

·
Registered
3,904 Posts
It doesn't mean necessary that Fox is stopping coverage of F1, WSBK or MotoGP. Time will tell. Speed on the other hand was disgusting to watch. I wached a F1 race in May on Speed and was ready to trough the TV out of the window. From around 60 laps in 90 min I saw might 15 laps. The rest was commercials. I watch Moto GP on live stream and will try to watch the other race series on live stream as well once I'm in the US: Unless Fox is improving the uualty of the coverage. Shouldn't be difficult.

·
Registered
583 Posts
There are other (semi-grey area) ways to watch the races. I'm in Canada but enjoy Eurosport 2 coverage of MotoGP and WSBK, an BBC or SkyHD coverage of F1.

I refuse to pay for or watch Speed's coverage of anything. Truly awful coverage. We can only hope Fox steps it up a bunch.

·
Administrator
20,381 Posts
The Speed logo has already been changed to add Fox above it on the TV broadcasts...

They were definitely at NOLA for the AMA races. I watched WSBK on replay yesterday at noon (lunch break).

Let's hope they can improve race coverage and get rid of some of the real crap (pimp my ride???? WTF).

·
Registered
5,096 Posts
Cable and satellite networks were to be the ultimate in vertical marketing, allowing for the narrowest of interests to each occupy a network channel. Interestingly, the cable and satellite companies became their own worst enemies when they strangled the networks with high fees for broadcasting on their systems. :baddeal: :cross:

Going forward, the Internet will advance the vertical market specialization concept, and cable / satellite systems will be left with generic programming. Full business cycle. :wave:

The melding of broadcast television and Internet will continue. At a faster pace. :humpother

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Going forward, the Internet will advance the vertical market specialization concept, and cable / satellite systems will be left with generic programming.
I havent watched racing on TV in 3 years. I download all my races from the internet or watch a streaming service if they're available. I refuse to pay for NASCAR TV after they went to 18hrs of stockcar racing. Their coverage used to be full of WRC, F1, ALMS, AMA and now it just sucks. Changing the name to Fox sports whatever wont change anything for the better...unless you like nascar.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts