MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
785 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi guys,

We have had a full system awaiting fitment on one of our F4s, today we finally had a chance to fit the silencer only to show you guys how they look fitted on the F4 and a few sound clips!

The quality is awesome, we would say they are as good as the Moto Corse silencers! (we do not lie). We are in the process of building up a show bike, these will be the exhausts used + the titanium manifold.

Special made exhausts on the eMoto site

The silencers weight in at 3.9Kg (8.5Lbs), the stock silencers weigh 6.85Kg (15.1Lbs).

Sound clips

1) with baffles inserted (takes ~2 mins to remove): CLICK HERE

2) with baffles removed: CLICK HERE

3) with baffles removed: CLICK HERE

Silencer photos: CLICK HERE

Photos fitted to our F4: CLICK HERE

Any questions, let us know! Have a good weekend! :drummer:

Any question, please let us know.

·
Not very lucky..
1,431 Posts
Baffles out, for me, sounds and looks awsome!....oh yea baby! Do you guys measure the decibels of each configuration also?

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
man that sounds super bad ass......reminds me of a growling demon or somthing badass like that

:silly:

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
eMoto UK said:
Hi guys,

Any questions, let us know! Have a good weekend! :drummer:

Any question, please let us know.
I'm saving up!! :koolaid:

·
Registered
604 Posts
BAFFLES OUT!!!

Yee Haw

·
MV Cellist
4,595 Posts
Thanks for the post, Emoto... I have a Senna 1000 coming in a few weeks and I am certainly in the market for a new exhaust system...

how do they sound compared to the Moto Corse in terms of sound and performance? could you give us a comparison chart on those 2 different pipes?

Thanks.

·
Registered
8,920 Posts
Man i guess they plan on everyone taking the baffles out, 'cause with them in :barfalot:

EDIT: I meant more the look, indeed both ways sound very good.

·
Registered
785 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The sound without the baffles is very similar to the Moto Corse silencer, just louder! The RG3's compared to these are very quiet, and a lot heavier, these weight next to nothing.

With the baffles inserted, they still sound good, in fact better than the stock exhaust system.

You can remove and insert the baffle inserts whenever you want, it takes literally 2 minutes to remove 4 allen screws. Most people remove them and keep use them fully open, we like them open - sounds like an F1 car... though cops in some states/cities in certain countries are hot on "loud" bikes so at a guess this is where the baffle inserts becomes handy... etc.

Anyhow open is the way to go, we will be running the F4 on a dyno soon, both the silencers and manifold+silencers will be tested.

With just the silencers you are looking at a 6-8 bhp increase, full system about 10-12 bhp increase.

·
Registered
5,590 Posts
I dont like the sound too much... a little too dark for my taste. And I cant compare it to a F1 car (I would wish...); that sound much more metalic. Maybe with more revs it's better, don't you have a sound clip of that??

I like the look of the exhausts though.

·
Registered
785 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Maximum Velocity said:
I dont like the sound too much... a little too dark for my taste. And I cant compare it to a F1 car (I would wish...); that sound much more metalic. Maybe with more revs it's better, don't you have a sound clip of that??

I like the look of the exhausts though.

Maybe we should have added, we used a digital camera to record the sound, obviously the quality of recording is not that high, its only to give you an idea, it sounds much better in real life.

We will take more clips on the dyno soon.

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Really great exhaust. Looks great, weighs nothing and great sound - I like the dark sound :naughty:

·
Registered
5,590 Posts
eMoto UK said:
Maybe we should have added, we used a digital camera to record the sound, obviously the quality of recording is not that high, its only to give you an idea, it sounds much better in real life.

We will take more clips on the dyno soon.
Okay! I'm curious about that. Still interested ;)

BTW: what's the price in euro's with shipment to the Netherlands??

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
What does adding in the baffles do to the fuelling? Do you guys happen to have an analyzer? I'm sure the future customers would appreciate being told exactly what to expect in a CO% change so they can come up with their two baselines for baffles in vs baffles out?

·
Registered
5,590 Posts
JamesC said:
What does adding in the baffles do to the fuelling? Do you guys happen to have an analyzer? I'm sure the future customers would appreciate being told exactly what to expect in a CO% change so they can come up with their two baselines for baffles in vs baffles out?
Good point!

·
Registered
785 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
JamesC said:
Yes we have an analyser, and we will be running a few tests, baffles in, baffles out, full system and silencers only, once we get it on the dyno we will be able to show dyno graphs, power increases and differences.

Please bear with us. We are also waiting for the weather to cool down a bit...

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
Nice work and lovely sound. Any chance of making a version in stainless steel to keep the manufacturing and final end user cost down?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts