MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
"Special" exhaust system from emoto?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What do you guy's know about the "special" titanium exhaust system that emoto sells for the F4?
The sysytem I'm refering to is named only "Special" and is included on there exhaust systems page alone with Sil, Arrow, MV corse and the others. I copied the desription from their page and pasted it below. I know nothing of who makes it, but like the fact that it has removable baffle plates to control sound and performance. After writing to emoto for further info, I got a e-mail back ensuring me of it's quaility, fit and finish. They also mentioned that they are made in Japan. Anyone have any experience with these systems? Good, Bad, or Ugly?

MV Agusta F4 750/1000 Full Titanium Exhaust Silencers (Slip-on)

Road legal with removable baffle (easy to remove) - choose between road (quiet) or race (louder) mode!

Very high quality, well machined, great looking slip-on titanium silencers (pair). Simple to fit, simply remove your existing silencers and fit these new silencers! These sound great at low and high revs! Click here to see more photos

Increase in torque at 4500 - 7000rpm, also achieving slightly higher overall power (bhp) - estimated 6-8 bhp increase.

Very light, weighing in at only 3.9kg (standard MV F4 silencers weight 6.85kg). These silencer will fit the F4 750 and F4 1000!

Part no: MVAMTS002

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here a photo of the exhaust I'm talking about:
Attached Images

·
Registered
5,387 Posts
I think it looks great and is probablt the best bang for the buck out there.
BUT i never saw it in person and don't know anyone who as one of those, so.........

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What's the rg3 system stock and standard?

Maybe you guy's can help clearify things for me a bit here. I'm looking into exhaust systems for the F4-1000 and was nicely suprised to find more than a few available, but now I'm trying to determine what's what.
For instance MV corse make what they call a standard system (slip-on) that looks stock to me, but they claim it's somewhat better both in sound and in performance.
Then there's the Rg3 system that I've heard mentioned more than one's on this site, that is completely titanium and completely over my budget.
There's also the "special" system sold by emoto (which was mentioned above) that no one seems to know about, but seems to look well made and includes a removeable baffle set, but no eprom.
Can anyone help clearify things a little here. What's the story with the corse doen't standard imply stock? Is there a difference and if so whidh is the better performer, value, etc. :barfalot: :tongue:

·
Registered
144 Posts
Paul Kelly said:
Maybe you guy's can help clearify things for me a bit here. I'm looking into exhaust systems for the F4-1000 and was nicely suprised to find more than a few available, but now I'm trying to determine what's what.
For instance MV corse make what they call a standard system (slip-on) that looks stock to me, but they claim it's somewhat better both in sound and in performance.
Then there's the Rg3 system that I've heard mentioned more than one's on this site, that is completely titanium and completely over my budget.
There's also the "special" system sold by emoto (which was mentioned above) that no one seems to know about, but seems to look well made and includes a removeable baffle set, but no eprom.
Can anyone help clearify things a little here. What's the story with the corse doen't standard imply stock? Is there a difference and if so whidh is the better performer, value, etc. :barfalot: :tongue:
agreed...i need some help too!

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
If your on a budget, I think modifying the stock unit plus a power commander would be cheaper than a RG3 with Eprom.
Guestimate price

Split the stock pipes, change to larger same diameter pipes, and remove internal baffle and reweld $250.00-$300.00 AUD
Power commander3 (ebay) (DIY install) and dyno time $550.00 AUD

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Corse exhaust

What's the deal with the MV Corse exhaust system?
Is it the same as stock or better in some way?
How can you tell?

·
Registered
131 Posts
I just bought a set from emoto. Took two months to recieve them, because I think the Jap company waits until they have a group order to make it cost effective. They look unbelievable, they are extremely light. They do have a removable baffles, which I intend to remove. I will be putting them on this weekend and will let you know how they are.

·
Registered
5,573 Posts
Do you have a pic of those exhausts??

·
Registered
785 Posts
Hi guys,

We have sold quite a few of these to F4 owners, as far as we know a few forum members have have these fitted to their F4s (speak up guys!). We will try and post up some photos later today.

We had an initial problem with the supply of manifolds, this is all sorted no, delivery is within a 6-10 days to the.

Available:
- silencers for the F4 750 and 1000
- full system for the F4 750
- full system for the F4 1000 (taller headers)

·
Registered
5,573 Posts
Does the silencer come with cat replacement?

·
Registered
925 Posts
Just curious, with the baffles removable, does it still have the noise regulation stampings applied so it will pass the uk MOT? Otherwise its an exhaust swap every year to get through, if you had a full system does the standard system still fit the downpipes?
cheers
Chris :)

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
EVO Chris said:
Just curious, with the baffles removable, does it still have the noise regulation stampings applied so it will pass the uk MOT? Otherwise its an exhaust swap every year to get through, if you had a full system does the standard system still fit the downpipes?
cheers
Chris :)
I don't have the answer for the first part of your question, but I did ask the very same thing about the swapping of parts with the stock peices and was told that they would interchange.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Paul Kelly said:
The RG3's come in both titanium and inox stainless steel, they are stamped for race only, but the db is not vastly different to stock, they really work above 5000rpm where they deliver about 5 - 8bhp (3.7Kw - 5.9Kw).
You need the appropriate eprom and the mid pipe tp get the best out of it. Again the mid pipe avaliable in both materials :)

1 - 20 of 27 Posts